My Craig's list purchase

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old man dave

I have been looking for a period correct aftermarket intake to use on my 62 Impala. Since my mother lives in Alabama i always look at other cities near her as well as most of Georgia and surrounding states. Well a few weeks age a guy had a Fenton 3X2 intake for sale with Rochester carbs and linkage. He was asking $400 which I thought was reasonable but the intake was not perfect as someone had used it on a set of Vortec heads and elongated the bolt holes and put JB weld in the water passage. No big deal it could all be fixed. The second time I spoke with the guy he came down in price to $225 with out me asking. Good deal so far. When I called him last week to tell him I was coming to town he dropped the price to $150, even better deal. I gladly paid the $150 and think it is a good deal even if the intake has a few rough edges and all the carbs have chokes with black paint.

Attachments

• impala 035.jpg
    impala 035.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 91
  • impala 036.jpg
    impala 036.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 52
  • impala 037.jpg
    impala 037.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 59
awesome find

you found an awesome deal on that intake, my son is constantly browsing craigslist and helping me spend my money, he's only 15 1/2 and loves the old iron as much as I do, now he's trying to wheel and deal on a '72 XR7 Cougar ragtop, no motor /tranny, rough top, fair body. I told him to finish his '60 Ranchero first, but he's dead set on dealing for this Cougar, Guess I gotta do some more overtime to help him out, since he has most of the money for it now. Good luck getting your intake set up bolted on and running, nothing better than vintage parts. Mike

Thanks guys this piece looks better all the time. I thought it was kinda strange that all the carbs had chokes. After doing some research I found that all the small bore Rochester carbs have them. Some restoration company sells chrome buttons to fill the holes when you remove the choke shaft. The black paint comes off easily with carb cleaner and the inside of the carbs look like they were just rebuilt with no old fuel residue. I am going to clean them and put in new gaskets then hook them to an electric fuel pump and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back