My first build-1938 GMC pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not exactly sure what i will be using for wheels and tires, i'm thinking it needs some bias ply tires with whitewalls.

That has always been my choice too Zach. :D:D:D:D

Don

Attachments

• dodge front end mods 008.jpg
    dodge front end mods 008.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 199
P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010033.jpg

Here are some pictures of the floor and pedals. The floor is plywood with the tranny and driveshaft tunnle sheet metal. the brake pedal assembly and master cylinder are out of a dodge dart, i made my own gas pedal. Also you can see right under the pedals is a little boxed portion where i decided to drop the floor because i am pretty tall and needed more room with the chop and everything. oh yeah, in the last 2 pics you can kinda see the hurst indy shifter my grandpa gave me, that is installed and working as well, i will try and take a better pic of it when i go over there on thur. I also need to get pictures of the door tops welded back on the doors.

Yeah, some day I want a set of those on the front of something I build.....I love em. Maybe you can sneak them out without Grandpa noticing. :rolleyes::p:D

Don

Well done

Very cool build - I look forward to seeing more of it. I wish I had had someone to teach and encourage me when I was a kid like you have your grandfather.

Keep the good work and the male bonding.

P1010056.jpg

P1010063.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Okay here are some more pics, first two are of what the doors look like with the tops welded back on which really makes the truck look different imo. the second two pics are of the bed cover i just fab'd up in the last couple days here. During the summer while i was at work i was sorting sheet metal on the hottest day in Minnesota that i can remember(around 92 degrees or something), and stumbled across this perferated sheet metal and thought hey!, that would be sweet for my truck bed cover. i think it turned out really killer with the sheet metal underneath it. I still need to get another peice of sheet metal to put under the first part of the bed cover. Also check out my hockey puck gas cap. ---buuuuuuuuuahhhhhhhhhhahhhh

out4.jpg

out6.jpg

out8.jpg

out5.jpg

out3.jpg

Heres just some pics of my truck outside for the first time. The last pic is me standing next to it looking like a goober, i'm 6ft tall so you can get a better idea of the proportions.

Incredible job! You did great work on this. ( I'm standing and applauding you!)
I hope I can get my sons HALF as interested as you are Zacho.

Zach has set himself on fire with the angle grinder a few times but so far hasn't with the wirefeed. See hole in shirt for proof of angle grinder fire. The little spark burns from the MIG just let you know you are still alive!

Zach has set himself on fire with the angle grinder a few times but so far hasn't with the wirefeed. See hole in shirt for proof of angle grinder fire. The little spark burns from the MIG just let you know you are still alive!

I was thinking more long term, lot's of old weldors ended up with skin cancer. Or sterile. Develop good habits young and you won't be one of them.

Latest posts

Back