My new project. Sedan/truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
overflow tank

So it was time to make an overflow tank and i decided to go with a mini keg. The colors were perfect and matched the car well. So i bought one, drank it, took all the plastic off of it, and then cut the top off with a can opener.
DSCN1359.jpg

DSCN1360.jpg

Then i popped out the center part of the lid
DSCN1361.jpg

This is what was in the keg. In case you ever wondered what kept it pressurized. This is it.
DSCN1362.jpg

Overflow Tank

Then I superglued the lid back on and then went around the cut with silicone to seal it up.
DSCN1363.jpg

DSCN1364.jpg

DSCN1366.jpg

And thats it. The tank is done. Now im gonna start making the mount for it.

you have some great ideas on that awesome ride. i too did the same thing to my keg gas tank. your doing a great job with this thread and the build. just my .02 i would finish off the back of the body just to make it flow a bit better. all in all great job dude!

Vinyl Top

I somewhat finished my vinyl top last night. Here's how i did it. I bout the snap kit from Home Depot, and it came with two little tools that i couldn't figure out what i was supposed to do with. But i eventually found out at the end lol. But anyways. I thought there was some kind of tool like a pair of plyers that crimped these things together but i couldn't find one. so i took on of the little things they gave me in the kit and tried to use a c-clamp to put it on. But i didn't think it was going to work but there happened to be a hole in the clamp that the little tool fit right into, so it actually worked. It took forever but i put in every little snap on the roof with a c-clamp. Then when i went to put the snaps on the material i realized you were supposed to use a hammer and the two tools they give you. So i did that for the material but it took me forever also cause i wanted to get the top tight so it didn't sag. So i would put a snap on, then button the top on, stretch it, mark where the snap should go, took off the top, put the snap in, then put the entire top back on, then did that over and over for every snap. It was rediculous. So anyways I eventually got them all in and put the top on. But i still need to sew around the edge to make it look nice. right now its just cut. Here are some pictures.
DSCN1376.jpg

DSCN1374.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1384.jpg

The top is finished

I got the top back from my sister today. She did a good job sewing it up. Here are some pics.

DSCN1410.jpg

DSCN1411.jpg

DSCN1415.jpg

DSCN1418.jpg

Pictures Pictures Pictures

Finally took the car out again. Here are some more recent pictures of it. And also the bike that i made to match my car.
DSCN1446.jpg

DSCN1449.jpg

DSCN1492.jpg

DSCN1493.jpg

The bike looks cool, but I gotta ask. Can you even sit on the seat and ride that bike? Just looks like you'd have to be an orangatang to ride that thing! How about a picture.:D

Hehehehehe...

CAR looks FRICKING awesome...the bike is WAY TOO fricking cool too...!!! Ok..now who is going to build a bike to match there car too..??

The bike looks cool, but I gotta ask. Can you even sit on the seat and ride that bike? Just looks like you'd have to be an orangatang to ride that thing! How about a picture.:D

CAR looks FRICKING awesome...the bike is WAY TOO fricking cool too...!!! Ok..now who is going to build a bike to match there car too..??

Thanks guys! Actually I can ride it lol. And its not as hard as it looks. It probably helps that im skinny. I will put up a picture of me riding it soon.

Latest posts

Back