My New Ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66L-79

Just bought this 33 Dodge pickup needs some TLC the truck has been setting for about a year. 350 C.I. four speed,9" Ford Lincoln Disc. Brake Rear,Mustang II Front end I need two 15X8 Torque Thrust wheels like the ones on the front they need to be Ford pattern 5 on 4.5 The Sinclair Gasoline on the both doors is supposed to have been on there for many many years.

Attachments

• 1933 Dodge.jpg
    1933 Dodge.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 125
  • CIMG0534.jpg
    CIMG0534.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Sinclair Gas.jpg
    Sinclair Gas.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 74
Nice find!!! Look around at flea markets..you'll find a set of wheels. Now I want to see a pic of one of my favorite cars.....that 66 L-79.....Nova

Sweet--I been wonderin what a whole one looks like.. 'Glamor' truck was a good description.

I've been working on a rusted down 33 for the last year-it'll never be that nice..

PA41

Attachments

• 1107.jpg
    1107.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 31
Wow! That's sweet!

Personally, I'd move those front rims to the back to tuck the wheels under the fenders where they belong and find a set of skinnys for the front. Those fat rims on the front and the tires hangin' out past the fenders just don't do the truck justice. Just my .02$.

Well here is a little update on the truck, I did buy two more wheels for the rear off of Ebay, when you look at something and say I am going to do a couple of things and just drive it well that is not as easy said as done. I said I was going to remove the headers,tune it up and drive well that has went out the window in a hurry, got the headers off and tried to put the manifolds on and the steering rod hits,fuel pump needed replaced so while replacing that I reached up and touched the fan and the water pump is worn out from the fan having the ends cut off to clear the lower radiator hose. So while the steering rod is a problem I decided to cut the steering column off 3" to give more room inside the cab exstend one of the steering rods so it would clear the manifold,put new fuel pump on made new pipe for lower radiator hose hook up,change pulley's for more fan clearance go to Advance Auto Parts but new fan,new points,new rotory button,new dist. cap,new wires,new plugs,new throttle cable also having carb rebuilt,the truck did not have turn signals so bought turn signal switch installed,welded up some cracks in rear fender,waiting on carb. and going to install new wiring harness. Just maybe once the carb returns and new wirng harness gets installed I will get to ride again. The truck appears to have been built many years ago and what I was told by a frind the guy drove the truck alot, how with the way some of the things were done to the truck I do not know. One thing is the throttle lingage was a close line wire tied on with tie raps to the carb and to the gas pedal just some unsafe things I had to change.

I especially like the full fenders.. I got a 'fender fixation' lately, and those are some of the best I've seen..

I believe these series of cars/trucks are sort of forgotton for some reason. It's interesting--Chrysler corp historically seems to have been out on the edge in styling--still are today..

PA41

I especially like the full fenders.. I got a 'fender fixation' lately, and those are some of the best I've seen..

I believe these series of cars/trucks are sort of forgotton for some reason. It's interesting--Chrysler corp historically seems to have been out on the edge in styling--still are today..

PA41

The rear fenders are not original to the truck I do not know what they are from either, they appear to be about 2" wider than the original, I was told the front fenders from a car are the same but I do not know. The truck has a set of 10" rear wheels and the ones I have bought are 8" so it should tuck the wheels and tires back up under the fenders better.

Latest posts

Back