My other project VW Roadster...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh motor installed...

Had to get to the wiring behind the motor... while it was out I decided to rebuild the top end, while it was apart I decided to paint up all the pieces... damn, type A personality! So, for something I wasn't gonna do until next winter.... Here it is.

beasleyrenewvows046.jpg

Last edited:
A little out of order...

Realized I missed a couple pics in the order of progresss. Here are some so that those of you that log on everyday :D to see my progress won't be disappointed...
puddyVw002.jpg

FenderBolts001.jpg

Primed in and out... awaiting a nice day to lay the flat black enamel.
001-1.jpg

I now have a working latching hood.
hoodlatch001.jpg

hoodlatch002.jpg

hoodlatch003.jpg

hoodlatch004.jpg

Also got all the soft brake line mounts moved and the brakes all hooked up today too. Didn't do a dang thing around the house all day... my wife is gonna kick my.... Doh! She is pulling in the drive way... gotta go!

Nope... believe it or not that is the factory pull. It used to have a much longer tube and the pull was inside the car by your left knee. But another inovative idea I will keep in mind. I love using stuff I have just laying around. My shift knob is a door handle and my console is a small ammo box.

Rustoleum Rattle Gloss Grey

April08019.jpg

April08018-1.jpg

Something a little different than the flat black and red rims (still rollin' red rims)... and the light color will hide my shoddy body work... hey, it's a rat rod, not a show car. I am really pleased with the look.
glossgrey005.jpg

Last edited:
You've discovered the benefits of a light color too,ay. I see the remains of your high tech paint delivery system in the last picture. Your VW looks great and I bet you'll get a lot of smiles and thumbs up when driving it.

Floor treatment

Earlier in the week did the POR 15. I put the "peel and seal" down and did my finish treatment for my floor. I also installed my version of a luggage rack on the rear deck of my roadster.
I hope to put the seats in tomorrow and make the door panels...
Here a couple shots of todays progress.

at the start of the day today:
Bugfloors003-1.jpg

Bugfloors005.jpg

Bugfloors006.jpg

Happy day!
:D

Last edited:
Nice!

Cutman,
Very nice... can we see a side view of the whole car now?!?!?! Always loved Beetles & there's one right down the street from me... gonna see if I can get it to follow me home!!! Here Beetle... here Beetle!!! ; - >

BoB

Been busy...
Installed the rest of the floor, seats, new seatbelts (aircraft style), tach, guages, dash chrome, made door panels out of a big road sign (got legally), welded up some 90 conduit to hide headlight wires, wired the front lights (blinkers in head light bucket) and engine bay, put on some obligatory stickers, mounted the license plate, installed hood latch...

Left to do:
cut/install windshield, bleed brakes, hook up tank fuel line, wire tail lights.
wiring003.jpg

interior003.jpg

interior004.jpg

It's done and a driver since May 08. Pictures from a show attended. Now I drive it to work on a regular basis.

CDNparade-1.jpg

cdn08007.jpg

Latest posts

Back