My TRAILER PASSED MY TRUCK TODAY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANNAMEL

What a day! Father in-law asked me to help him get some old fence wire so I backed my truck up to MY 20' dovetail twin 5,000 lb rated axles and my father in law hooked it up (first mistake) and off we went. About 3 miles down the road(country road) i heard a metal grind and look in my mirror and here it comes!!!! needless to say "OH ****"!!!!! Sped up and watched it go down the road next to me (opposite lane) off the road down the side and WHAM into the biggest pine tree withing 100 yards. Axles & tires are fine but frame is racked about 12". will post pic tomorrow. **** **** ****!!! Thanks for letting me share my BS with you!!

sorry to hear the bad luck there, man....i can relate- my dad has a saying --"some days it just doesn't pay to get outta bed" :eek:i think yours fit the bill!

sorry to hear annamel, learned that lesson long ago , if some one helps me I always double check the hook up . Launched a new 21' day cruiser into the back of my boss' truck:eek::eek:

Glad no one got hurt!!
I also had to learn the hard way to trust no one. I had some crew back me up and hitch the trailer. When I went to load the bobcat I found out they didn't latch the trailer and it flew up, then came down on the bumper with the bobcat on the trailer.

had an axle snap on the way to auberndale to race one night. Race car ended up upside down in a canal and the old suburban almost went all the way over too until the car hit the side of it and put it back on all fours. Then I spent a few days in the dog house because I jumped out to check on the racecar before I asked if the old lady was okay

Latest posts

Back