Need Help Remembering

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratcrazy

Ok guys this is addressed more to the older guys. I need help in remembering what kind of carburator I need. The older I get the more memory I lose. I'm confused as a termite in a yoyo.

I have an 4 bbl intake that fits a 230CID stock six. What kind of carb will work on this and not flood it each time the pedal is pushed?

I know it has to be something with small CFM and all the butterflies need to be the same size, the adaptor I believe has 1 1/2 throat, all the same.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
Larry

450!

Crazy,
I'm gonna use a Holley 450 on my slant six... that oughta work on yours too! I am gonna use a lil hotter cam than stock though.

BoB

Thanks for your reply Tripper.

Does Holley made anything smaller 4-bbl carb than that and would it have both primarys and secondarys butterflies the same size?

I went out and measured my intake, it will except butterflies 1 12/ inch.

I was thinking something along the line of an older Carter. If I am not mistaken we use to call the carbs I am thinking about sq.bore carbs because of the prim. and sec. butterflies being the same.

Its been years since I have worked on any of these old motors and forgotten more than I like to mention it seems.:confused:

Thanks again,
Larry

Latest posts

Back