need Zing help 50 ford on 63 frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got my cherry picker and lift plate done this week so i put the engine between the rails for the first time tonight. moved it back and forth to see where it would fit and look good. also propped the radiator in front of the engine. i took some pics for you guys to look at and tell me if this looks right.
IMG_8776.jpg
IMG_8758.jpg

and here it is photoshopped
IMG_8776-1.gif

icebox

That's looking great! Will you have enough room for the radiator AND fan where the grill is? Even if you have to push the grill forward a couple inches I think you're OK.

i should have enough room . i am also going to lengthen the frame 6 inches during the Z . i need the extra length to center the rear end in the box.
icebox

if you want to get rid of the leaf springs

this is what I did with my f100 axle and ford frame

Attachments

• ratrod 006.jpg
    ratrod 006.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 37
  • ratrod 007.jpg
    ratrod 007.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 37
  • ratrod 008.jpg
    ratrod 008.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ratrod 009.jpg
    ratrod 009.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 39
  • ratrod 010.jpg
    ratrod 010.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 37
i was thinking about how to fix the lack of room in the back . to do the Zee without putting it in the back of the cab . i came up with the idea of putting CJ springs in the back . they are over 6 inches shorter than the stock 63 f-100 springs .so after they are in i plan on doing the Zee.

If you are welder you will be hours ahead by building you a 2x4 frame and design it the way you want the truck to sit. I have z'ed frames that were factory and really got the look I wanted. There are several good example of trucks and looks like most have 2x4 or 2x3 frames. You can get what you want by using tubing ,insted of settleing for how it comes out. I built the frame under my 28 for less than $200 using 2x4. I believe you will like the results better. my .02 TP

The most important thing about your build (other then safety) is making it what you want, not what others want or think looks good. Don't let others change your mind to later regret it.

When ever you start cutting make sure you brace everything up and measure measure measure and measure again. Temporarily weld a piece from side to side or even tack weld two piece to make a x so the frame rails can't sway. Keep the frame square while it's cut into and it will go back together easier.

As for the bed. Can you shorten the sides a bit and make the bed a little shorter if need be? I'm just thinking out load here. :D

Latest posts

Back