Neighborhood Watch work!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
A lady in my neighborhood saw a car she didn't recognize drive down the street. She copied down the plate number and notified the local P.D.. Detectives went to the suspects house and watched. They saw the suspect come out and catch a bus to my neighborhood. The suspect was observed knocking on several doors before coming to one where no one answered. The suspect then went to the backyard and emerged a short time later carrying a white sack. He was detained at the bus stop and the house checked. The house had been burglarized and the white sack was a pillow case with stolen property. Kudos to Torrance P.D. and the lady that called. [cl

That is great work on her part and the officers....

locally our problem is the small town mentality.....meaning that people don't report unusual things until AFTER something goes down....I've taken several home invasions reports where the neighbors saw or heard something but did not call us because they didn't think anything of it at the time.....it's frustrating for us.....I've actually been told "we didn't call cause we didn't want to bother you with something that might have been nothing".... Huh??
Call.....if you think something is amiss you need to BOTHER us....it's our job...strange noise...think somebody is moving around in your backyard....heard a car door slam....CALL us...we catch more bad guys with the help of the public than we do ourselves from patrol....notice I didn't say ROUTINE... you can't do routine patrol....the bad guys watch and if you set a pattern...they know it....sorry....I ramble....:D

That's awesome that the situation worked out the way it did! [cl Too many times folks just don't think anything of it like Sarge said or don't want to get involved.........and I think Rev is probably right too about things changing.

I don't think there is an active neighborhood watch in my community anymore, there used to be one and everyone was gung ho about it and put up signs and everything but it just never caught on.......[S

:confused:[ddd

Here at the "Snake Farm" we use that age old cliche.........SFAQL

Hate to say it, but the Zimmerman trial is going to make it harder for people to want to be in a neighborhood watch. Right, wrong, or indifferent, it will change things.

You are right. I remember when neighbors looked out for neighbors.

We just drove about a hundred miles to pick up a car last week from a 90 ish year old man. While my Son and I were in the backyard looking at it the guy next door looked over the fence and said "Are you guys thinking of buying that car ?" It was obvious he was checking us out and he relaxed when we told him we were and that James was home. I thanked him for being the kind of guy I would like to live next door to, keeping and eye out on his neighbors.

There is also a story on the HAMB about a guy who got back a stolen car trailer and car lift because the victim did his own police work and some good citizen who was offered the stuff for sale turned the thief in. [cl That is what it is going to take, people being fed up with crime and fighting back.

(and I hope George gets off......JMO)

Don

Decades ago, the L.A. Times ran an article claiming Rancho Palos Verdes was the riches place in California, burglaries shot up. There was a school teacher that lived there. She went to work at 6 am. When she got home, she discovered that her home had been ransacked and all her valuables stolen. I contacted the neighbor and asked them if they saw anything suspicious next door. They said they saw a black man next door dressed in a white dress shirt and black pants carrying a white sack. I asked them what was so suspicious. They saw, "We don't have black people up here!".

The neighbors were black from Nigeria. I asked the why didn't they call? They said they thought it was a gardener. I asked them if they've ever seen a black gardener and it was a white sack, it was a pillow case. Had they called, we would have caught them.

However, most of the petty crimes have been committed by neighborhood kids. Seems people in rich neighborhoods don't lock their cars. We had a rash of thefts from unlocked cars. One of our units found the kid counting his loot while sitting on the curb.

You guys are really messin with my mind....

I had to go back and look at that photo about 4 times to get what the heck you were talking about....Burma shave....haven't heard that in a while....

we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...still in progress..

Latest posts

Back