new addition to the fleet...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krooser

Now what the hell do I do with it?

Attachments

• 1950 poncho.jpg
    1950 poncho.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 85
In the early 60's I rewired a buddy's 50 Poncho that he had swapped a 347 Pontiac V8 into. You never see these around any more, so if the rest of it is solid it is definitely worth saving. Post more pics for us. The price was certainly not out of line at all.

Oh, one thing that I thought was funny was that when I rewired my buddy's Pontiac the only thing he was concerned with was that I get the Pontiac indian head to light up as it should. :D When I was done that was the first thing he looked at.

Don

Kinda funny that I didn't get a chance to really give it a good look...there were so many wasp's nests that I had a hard time getting to it for any length of time.

I can tell you that it came from Pass Christian, LA just before Katrina hit... it's very straight and sold... most of the chrome is there. don't even know what series it is but the price wa right... I bought it at the 127 yard sale... www.127sale.com .

It's an older maroon repaint with evidence of some old pinstriping on it....

Well the car came from Pass Christian, MS NOT LA... sorry to all the Cajuns for making that mistake.

Anyway I passed thru northern Indiana where the car is now sitting and gave it a good look... what a car! It has been nosed, decked, de-chromed, lowered, door handles are shaved...great old pinstriping over maroon lacquer!

All the dash parts are gone (maybe they are in with the trim pieces... don't know). All the windows are there but no windshield or back windows (3 pieces)...

Can't tell how the floor is because it is filled with extra chrome and stainless trim pieces... the trunk in very nice with only a small part that's rusted thru...no motor or trans but it was an 8 with a 3 speed...

Can't wait to get it home...

Latest posts

Back