New guy for Bay Area, Santa Cruz Mountains

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geo56

Looks like you folks have an active site here, glad to be part of it now. Just picked up a "27 Ford" on Ebay from a young guy in Utah. The Throttlers from Salt Lake City started it a few years back, I just dig the overall look. I plan on going after the clutch first and steering first. Just collecting service information on it so far. As best as I can tell, this rat has a Model-A frame that has been Z'd. It has a '53 Ford V8 Flathead, with dual Stromberg 97 carbs. The drivetrain is a top shift Ford 3 speed manual trans that is hooked to a shortened torque tube and rear end from a '40 Ford. The front is a suicide setup with a '40 ford axle, spindles and brakes.

DRIVE FAST & TAKE CHANCES

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 43
welcome to rrr. i would call it a traditional rod, and it looks to be built that way. the throttlers are a old club and have been around sence the 50's. that is a very cool car, i had to add the pics to my collection. keep us posted on what you do.

Welcome from Southeast Michigan..

nice to have you on the RRR....very cool ride....keep us up to speed with lots of pics and a build thread....[P[cl

Delayed but not forgotten - 27 roadster

Folks - can tell you how much I missed this site and my project. Looks like I have time to pursue my dream car now!!!
To get started I was looking for mechanical talent in the Bay Area. Someone with a shop and experience who would review the car, make recommendations and help me get closer to something I can drive.
To get started; it's got some nasty wheel hop in first gear. That said there are no shocks on the car, but more importantly there's no method to stabilize the rear end under load - only thing connected to the rear end is the torque tube...
This rookie needs a helping hand.... any suggestions?

gilroy rats

My son used to live in gilroy and there were a couple guys and their dad that built a lot of that style rods. I don't know their names. but when gilroy has car shows and the saturday night downtown shows they used to have some cars there

Latest posts

Back