New Member from Carstairs Alberta Canada

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave571

Hi guys.

Im a pro auto tech in Cartsiars.

I work by day at a ford store.

My son and I put together this rig together over the last year.

It's a 49 Fargo.
Original frame. Front end is from a crown victoria. Motor is a Big block mopar.
Rear end is a 323 8.75 mopar, on a 4 link kit for a 50's ford.

Paint is tremclad. Body work at home.
Seat is two rolls of black duct tape.

The only two things we didn't do the truck ourselves, was weld the 4link mounts to the diff housing, and install the windshields

I was brought to this site cause I googled info about narrowing a straight axle.
My next rig is a 58 Fargo Panel truck. I want to narrow up dually pieces from a 72 winnebago to put under it, and use the 413 too. I want to narrow the duals so they fit under without flares.

Should be fun.

Have a good one guys

Attachments

• IMG_2941.jpg
    IMG_2941.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 23
Hi dave, and welcome to RRR from Grande Prairie, Alberta. You may have fallen right into my trap. I am looking for a guy who is throwing away a V-8 bellhousing for standard transmission in a '51 to '62 Dodge. Would you have one? I've been told that the polyhead and hemihead bell housing bolt patterns are the same. My next project has a Hemi waiting impatiently for it. Keep on tinkering.

Hi dave, and welcome to RRR from Grande Prairie, Alberta. You may have fallen right into my trap. I am looking for a guy who is throwing away a V-8 bellhousing for standard transmission in a '51 to '62 Dodge. Would you have one? I've been told that the polyhead and hemihead bell housing bolt patterns are the same. My next project has a Hemi waiting impatiently for it. Keep on tinkering.

My truck was a flathead 6 so it was completely different

Poly v8 /old style 318 should be the same as modern 318.

I don't have one.
Talk to Tim at Heavy Metal auto wreckers in Trochu. 403-442-2600

And thanks for all the greetings, peeps.

I may have some new pictures to post in a week or two.

I've worked out a deal where I am trading the 58 panel for a 38 fargo drain truck. I want to use the cab and grille to make a open wheeled rod.

Can't wait.:)

Thanks Dave for the heavy metal tip. I wrote it down in my little book, already.
Wow, a '38 Fargo, that's the best grille ever in all the '38 trucks and most of the cars. Great score! [cl[cl

Latest posts

Back