New to this whole thing!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35psi

Well, I finally did it. decided to go a complete different direction from all my previous projects.
I'm a huge fan of anythying with wheels and a motor; if it's modded and done well, I like it. I don't prefer one type of style to another, which is why i've been into 4x4's, sportbikes, detroit muscle,turbo imports, diesel trucks and now, finally, rat rods. I've been interested in bulding one for a while, but I had to finish my previous project, a 1991 Dodge Colt with a Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo engine swap. It's finally! done and I"m ready for something new. I've loved the rat rod style for years and now I think I have what I need to get going on my own.

Since we all like pics better than words, here are a couple pics of my last project and then my new one.....

Dodge colt turbo, around 280 hp on stock turbo. has big cams, fuel system, intercooler, fresh rebuild on 2.0 eclpse engine. once I break it in, I'll put on a larger turbo and make around 350 to the ground. Since it only weighs around 2500 lbs, it will scream. 1st and 2nd gear are already tire burners.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

video:

And the new:

1940 Ford and 1989 Iveco turbo diesel.
I"m planning on putting the ford cab on the iveco chassis.
Here's a question for you experts; will the frame hold up to a Z considering the weight of the engine and trans? those turbo diesels are just like the 5.9 cummins, about 950 lbs dry, plus about 300 lbs for the trans.
I"mn going to tune the Injection pump for more power also, so it should make about 600 ft lbs. of torque at minimum.

newproject.jpg

newproject2.jpg

newproject3.jpg

newproject4.jpg

thanks guys. I hope to get time to get to work on some cab removal this weekend. it's sooooo damn hot though! i'm ready for fall!

Latest posts

Back