newb from fresno

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sycophuk

hey there,ho there or whatever other salutations to all. i am your typical half breed, indian(native ameri)/hillbilly. i am my on worst enemy,as well as a oxymoron(intelligent red neck)any whos i pretty much dig anything that sucks,bangs,blows with no patience for leaving it stock. i have a question for all rataphiles. how do you classify a rat? for the last ten years as the gerae was making itself public it developed a lopsided judge criteria. now iam 3 weeks from being 45 but my wisdom dates to beginning of the 50's. so my view of a rat,and what makes one are true and simple . a rat is a vehicle that is either rare ,uniqe,personal moment to close to hart to throw away but to badly damaged to restore. for example the rusted out smoking daytona that joe dirt drove would be a rat. when i was younger my friends uncle had a ferrari 308 that he rolled i talked it off the tow truck and became rat buggie for my freind and i. i have built dozens of rats two wheeled three and four the oldest only a 49 ford mostly 70s and 80's .my current rat is a 1972 ford pinto sedan,i call it pinette. its a pinto with c4 underwear (c4 4 th generation corvette) not a v8 pinto a re bodied vette. so i ask would pinette be accepted as a rat because i am getting ready to rat and roll a o5 volvo for a customer.

welcome

pinette is to new to be a rat, but is is still a cool rod.

everything is welcome here, were not to picky, just has to be your'e dream or nightmare:D

a rat, to me, gotta be trucks from somewhere in the mid-fifties back and cars/coupes/sedans 1948 or earlier.

but....ask ten (1OO) different folks and all will probably answer with there own view and no two alike.

we like pics[P..

Later :cool:

Hi sycophuk and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I get the feeling that this forum is more about what you built and how you built it than the proper label on your hot rod.
Keep on tinkering.

Hello

Welcome to RRR.................. If it's not normal it's a rat ???[S I think that's how we think:confused:. So I would say, you found a place where you & pinette belong[cl. Post some pictures let us see :eek: ............LOL

Welcome to RRR! I don't care what it's called as long as it's driven. About the only things that get us riled up are bad manners and unsafe builds.

Welcome, and is that Fresno California, or Fresno, Ohio, or some place else? (I was born in Fresno CA, and Fresno, OH is not too far from here.)

Yep....welcome again....

This one made perfect sense to me.....lol.....:D yeah...and the pics would be a nice touch....

As long as you build it - love it - drive it... and send us pictures.
Just don't be a trailer queen..... If you must trailer it you're
missing something...

Latest posts

Back