newbie from ohio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kratose2000

Hi fellas im 17 and new to the auto world i take auto tech at the career center and friday we went on a trip to the cavalcave of customs car show and i was walking through the rat rod section and fell in love with these cars and decided to build my own but dont know where to start im from southern ohio i live right by kings island so if anyone can help id very much appricate it thanks and sorry for spelling

hey man, welcome to the site. i am also from around cincy and had some cars in cavalcade in survivors alley. if you need help with anything give me a shout, and i will do the best to help you out

hi

Welcome from Omaha.
Your gonna have lots of fun you got maybe 20 years more fun ahead of you than I do. stuff I couldn't afford when it was new is now cheap for you.
I still haven't finished some things I started 10 years ago

Set your standards high and accept it when you have to stop short of them for the good of the project...
But whatever you do...

Don't build like this... truck11.jpg

I'm in Newport Ky. I'm not too far away. Best thing to do is read everything you can on this and a few more forums. Educate yourself. Start getting out to the local cruise ins and ask questions. There are other club around your area that put on cruise in and do some some weekend cruising. Get with them. The Scroungers CC always has it's hands into something on the weekend during the warm months. If you can't find anything to do up there you are more than welcome to come down and hang out. Car shows, drag racing, cruising so on and so on. We do have work sessions too that are hands on learning. We have had lessions on welding all the way to chopping tops. They are not a sit and watch thing. If you are here, you work and learn. It's only metal. You can't mess it up. If you do then there is someone to show you how to fix it no matter how bad it may look.
Mike, Cornfield Customs is another guy that is really good at his work. You can pick his brain and look at some of the stuff he has done. There are all kinds of pics of his work on here. Do a search. 17 years old is not too young to know what you want but open your mind and see what it takes. If you need to ask any questions you can ask them here or email me if you prefer too. [email protected] The guys here or myself will try to answer any question no matter how big or small.
Steve Stewart

Welcome to the forum youngun!!! Keep us posted when you get started up & let us know if we can help!

BoB

Welcome to RRR. Start by reading and looking at lots of builds to see what you like and whats involved .Then you can determine what kind of project to buy,something that is mostly complete and running and just needs some of your own touches or a complete ground up build or something inbetween. The good thing is that we have these forums now and the internet and you can find answers on anything.When I was 17 there were no computers, no one around where I lived build Hot Rods,there were no books on that stuff so it was pretty hard to learn and find answers on this.

thanks guys for my first one i was thinking a 1947 ford pickup i found one on craigslist for 500 but im not sure yet im still doing some looking around

Latest posts

Back