Newbie here...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsprinklesnjo

hey guys, im a new member, love working on cars, and i have a classic muscle car, but im looking to build my first rat rod.

heres where i stand. im having a hard time finding a body for cheap, im also looking for really large bizzare rear tires. maybe even duallies from a tractor trailor or dump truck, etc. possibly military tires so on. finding these items especially a body out here in nyc is tough i guess.

also i can get my hands on a ford e350 engine, frame, wireharness, computer etc. everything for super cheap. so im thinking to modify the frame and use the wireing and engine and throw on a body from the 1930's. of course chopping it up and lowering it to the ground. (before and after pics should be amazing)

my concerns are the front coil over suspension. anyone have a vehicle with this set up that i can see pics of.

Welcome to RRR! If you're not afraid of paper thin metal and rust, I'd guess upstate is probably your best bet. Even better, take a trip south.

If you want duals, look for farm trucks or box trucks. Maybe even old motor homes. Odds are you'll need to modify the frame so much it will be easier and cheaper to build one from scratch. Find that body first.

Latest posts

Back