Newby from E Wa.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer

Figured it was safe to do an intro now since I got a camera for x-mas. Hi, my name is Boe and I am a RRR addict. Found the site a few months ago and after many hours of reading very informative posts and great pictures... yes I agree pictures say a thousand words, the only medicine is to build my own rod.
So being a farmer and a loyal JD guy...I had to go with a 47 IH KB-2 truck for a project. For parts I am starting with a 77 chrysler cordoba with BB400, 80300 miles that I got for 3 ton of hay. Been looking in the semi-truck bone yard and possibly can use a steering wheel and column, headlights, and air tanks. Well thanks for the great site and lookin forward to some constructive opinions and advice along the way. Oh ya, and hopfuly some pics.

Attachments

• KB-2 BUILD 001.jpg
    KB-2 BUILD 001.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 27
  • KB-2 BUILD 005.jpg
    KB-2 BUILD 005.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 12
Welcome.......

Welcome farmer. Nice projects, thanks for sharing.. :cool:
Enjoy your time here.. '22

Thanks for the welcome fellas:)
Caddad65, I am from Warden... right between you and cycledog.
As for the 56, ya its mine, early christmas present, so I can't take any credit for the build so far. It was pulled from pasture about 5 years ago and put together by a fellow in Yakima. Its got all new running gear...350 w/supercharger.:D..Mad Dog 700R4...rebuilt axle...but original body with a two-tone rust-oleum finish. It is a car I can definetly drive for fun and not worry about rock chips, scratches or dents cause it has them already. I admitedly got impatient on building my own before I could go cruisin. I'll see if I can get some more pics up...been havin some issues figurin it out...size problems?

Attachments

• KB-2 BUILD 014.jpg
    KB-2 BUILD 014.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
  • KB-2 BUILD 013.jpg
    KB-2 BUILD 013.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1
  • KB-2 BUILD 023.jpg
    KB-2 BUILD 023.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 2
  • KB-2 BUILD 030.jpg
    KB-2 BUILD 030.jpg