no spark

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymouth rat

well i got no spark now, i have a electronic distributer, it was running months ago, i have power to the wire that plugs into the cap to the battery side of the cap, i have power from there to the 2 wires that go into the coil, but no spark to any plug wires, and i have tried 2 caps and coils, is there something under the rotor, i think there called diodes, do they send spark from the coil to the plug wires, or should i try all NEW caps, rotors , coils,.. very frustrating... thanks...jeff

man i went thru 6that with mine and what it boiled down to was the rotor button it was brand new! looked like the right one but after measuring it! it was a 1/8 of a inch short! defect or wrong packaging i bought another and it fired right up! not saying you have the same problem but the thing you descibe sound just like what mine was doing! possible rotor button issues!

thanks rev, but mine problem was the module, 60 bucks later and now i have spark...whata morning its been for me...

you welcome! i was on the side of the road in a monsoon, replaced the distrib module coil cap computer! and the rotor and allong after i got iot towed home all is was the rotor button! i was getin fire everywhgere but the plug wires! would have never thought a new part was the problem!

Latest posts

Back