one of my projects

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coupe

nice coupe.

the truck looks like good candidate to take a few inches out of the top, just find a suitable donor to cut the good top off and graft on to the Merc.

Later :cool:

Hello 30sx, You stole my idea, sort of. I was going to put my tall FE tappet covers in my '48 Monarch coupe, but on a 390. This way you won't have to keep your hood shut as much. Good trick.[cl

Hi 30sx I'm going to try to post pics of my tappet covers again. I dragged them over into paint and shrunk them so maybe this time. NO, it didn't work. So here is another camera's offering.

Attachments

• chrome FE valve covers.jpg
    chrome FE valve covers.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 28
ah yes, i see you have the chrome models, had a chance to get those too but the 200.00 price tag scared me off lol:eek:.. on another note also trying to use the ford brass expansion tank to hide the power steering pump...that doesn,t look like a mercury holding up those valve covers?

Last edited:
Lol whats worse than a sbc in a Mercury to a purist?:rolleyes:

A sbc with fake Mercury valve covers in a Mercury!! [cl

(Don't look at me, I would put an LS motor in it!)[ddd

Na 30sx, it's a '50 Ford coupe project that I bought half done. Coincidently, it has a fresh SBC in it that I will have to disguise somehow, maybe by throwing it away.
I think this is dream of mine '47 Merc chopped coupe, and a '48 Monarch and a '47 Merc sedan.

Attachments

• 47 Merc coupe chopped.jpg
    47 Merc coupe chopped.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 18
You tell'm 30, sometimes you have to educate the GM guys-------- by hand.

You know I tried those tappet covers on a few motors and they cover 351 Windsors nicely and I think the other one was a narrow block Dodge. Why I never thought of disguising a SBC with them, I'll never know. I guess I liked my first solution the best, throw the darn motor out behind the barn where the weeds are the highest.

Latest posts

Back