Oops

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougnDog

Hey guys a little heads up I learned a lesson the hard way yesterday:(. While out tooling around in my rod, I went to cross the Sac river and forgot the set of railroad tracks at the foot of the bridge. I went over them at 35 or 40 mpr. my frame flexed enought for the fan to catch the radatior and sucked the fan edge into it. it even bent the fan blade. luckly the belt was loose enought to cause it to stop spinning. :eek:My Bad I have a bad habit of making everything a close fit ( my machinest Past I guess ) most of the time its cool as in my firewall to engine fit. So I guess the lesson I want to share is allow for movement when it comes to your raidator. Doug
Ps its running real good Got about 250mi on it now

Attachments

• DCP01125.JPG
    DCP01125.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 65
  • DCP01126.JPG
    DCP01126.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 50
  • DCP01127.JPG
    DCP01127.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DCP01129.JPG
    DCP01129.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DCP01130.JPG
    DCP01130.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
Ouch thats a bummer. I had my share of bugs i had to work out when i got mine on the road.

I did something similar with mine but i have an electric fan on mine with those plastic ties that go through the flus i hit a bad section of road a couple miles long and my radiator in leaning back at an Angle it ripped the fan loose and cut two hole in the flu i guess the bumps and the weight of the fan it acted like a saw and cut two different flu's i patched it with epoxy and made a metal shroud for the fan to bolt too.

Thanks guys
Going to replace the rad. on monday:eek:. I have room in the grill to move it fwd, and I'll add a shroud too. LIVE and LEARN Doug

Latest posts

Back