Opinions....!!! (What would you change)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd drive it for a while, then shorten the bed and skirt the front section over the frame. I'd lose the hood get a sweet grill and drive some more. But most of all do what makes you smile when you look at it.

I’m always surprised at how much a set of different wheels and tires change the appearance of a vehicle.

I’d play with a few different wheel/tire combos (maybe in photo shop) and see what “changes.”

Otherwise, I would just enjoy it. :D

I like the hood!

Maybe make a grill kinda like this one.
db_DSC052561.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks All,

I do plan on adding a grill, just haven't found one yet or decided how I want to build it. Also the length of the bed I wanted the same as the hood portion going to put a jeep back seat back there for crusing around. I also plan on adding to the bottom of the bed, I cut some metal out awhile back for ideas. The wheels were just orginally rollers, but low on cash and haven't been able to get what I want. Thinking some Old Slots in the rear, with chrome oem's up front.

I just was curious if I was headed in a good direction...

Comments like chop it, shorten the frame, shorten the box, move the rear axle forward, are all great suggestions, but that would be like one step forward and three back at this stage.

Nobody has asked what is it that YOU think isn't right ?

The only thing I see at this stage of the game and some have already suggested this, is too add panels below the box to fill the space between bottom of cab and bottom box. It's a simply remedy and I think will change the whole appearance as it sits now. I also think that is what you're referring to when you say something doesn't look right.

The overall truck looks good and I wouldn't mess with major changes at this point. Place some cardboard pieces below the box to see if that's truely whats making the truck look out of sync.

Here's a sweet looking bobber. I think he sectioned the cab so it sits down and flush with the short sides of the bed and stepped the frame to get it in the weeds

DSC00045.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking truck! If I was going to change anything I agree with most of the above posts, Drop it down and change up the rims. I would start with a different wheel combo and see where that puts it then go from there. Good luck! awesome build

You and your son have built a good lookin truck and the fact that you both worked together and utilized your skills means more than anything! That will be a project that will last thru a lifetime of memories! I agree with some of the members here and just drive it the way it is and then maybe make changes as you both see fit. The style, motorcombo and final look are something you and your son should be proud of!!! Congrats....[cl..CR

you are on the right track. I would rake chop it (3" in front and 2" in back), add the extentions to the bed sides and add wheels with attitude to the rear like some 15X12 halibrands with 32" tires maybe like a dirt track style. Oh, and a blower would set it over the edge! just my thoughts but then I would just drive it as is too!

On mine I wish my rear wheels were a little more forward but it had to be that way to fit it all in there

Dude, (don't mean to thread jack) your ride has plenty O attitude! I wouldn't move the wheels at all. Only thing I would change is tilt your headers up wards about 4" . It looks like it is haulin a** just sitting there! porportions are right with the front wheels being back as well as the rears. I think you hit it just right! [cl

Here's my $.02....maybe -$.02.;)

As suggested earlier-3 items: Add bed skirts ahead of the rear wheels. Add a handbuilt (or scrounged) grille which matches the curve at the front of the hood. Change wheels (I'd go with chrome steelies all 'round wrapped in BLACKWALLS, myself).

Only other thing I'm not really liking is the chassis colour-takes me back to about 1987, or so. :D

Don't chop it or shorten the bed length. The proportions that way look great to me.

Hope it treats you well as you get to roll up some miles on it!

Regards,
Shea:)

A little change so.. far, just been driving and enjoying it!

Attachments

• mass2010 023.jpg
    mass2010 023.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 66
Kill bugs

DRIVE IT! Besides.......they are never finished. Ya gotta have somthin to talk about..you know. I'm gonna do this...I'm gonna do that. lol.

The truck looks great.

A few changes since last year... Haven't done too much work on it since its been my daily drive since April.

Attachments

• trk #1 (3).jpg
    trk #1 (3).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 49
  • dash 010.jpg
    dash 010.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 42
Love the grill & dash. The only other thing "I" would do to it is drive the heck out of it. But it sounds like you're already doing that :p Good looking ride, I really like it.

Shorten the wheel base and the box, Lake style headers, a grille, lower the headlights.

But thats just me.

Oops, didn't realize this was an older thread. The grille is what I was thinking, nice work.

I still think the wheels don't sit right on the bed. I'd bob the bed, and by all means get rid of the sbc and put in something unique, like a Buick engine. Then drive the pi$$ out of it.

Latest posts

Back