OT Fishing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

42chevy

Rustier Rat Rodder
Anyone else into fishing?

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 25
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 20
Yes!!!!! Took my 10 year old last week and he caught his first large mouth....nice catch you got btw!.....cr

I haven't been fishing since I was 12. My Aunt and Uncle use to take me and my brother. My Aunt always said, "If the Fishing Warden shows up, tell him you caught 10". My Uncle always caught the limit for my brother and I, we never caught anything.

We used to do a lot of fishing when my Sons were younger. My philosophy was that I knew they were only 18 feet away from me and weren't gettting into anything they shouldn't. :D Every weekend was spent out on the boat, sometimes 50 miles offshore.

But then we moved to the west coast of Florida and the fishing is different here. You have to go so far offshore to even be in 40 feet of water, unlike when we fished in the Atlantic ocean.

I keep swearing I want to start fishing again, still have all our gear, but haven't owned a boat in maybe 6 years. Once I get done playing with the current project I am going to start again. My Son Don does have a boat and he and his GF are out fishing a lot.

We used to love fishing for Kings, but on this coast we started liking Blacktip shark fishing, when we were doing it.

Don

Wish I could say yes but I just don't seem to make the time for it anymore :(

I grew up Native Trout fishing in the mountain streams and we have three nice fishing lakes within a half hour of home but I haven't been fishing for two summers now. I was pretty eaten up with lure making for a few years too but haven't made a lure for over a year..........kinda eaten up with 'Rattin' right now :eek:

Here's a few lures I've made,

woodyandTNT.jpg

CCLiveWire.jpg

redtailcrab002b.jpg

bgminnows1and2.jpg

slopehead001a.jpg

Nice lures. I did catch them on the Snake river, 52 miles away. I am getting ready for steelhead season in Hell's canyon (deepest river gorge in America by the way). Lots of fun and get to see bighorn sheep and Rocky Mt goats, sometimes real close up, 6 feet away at times. I only fish about a dozen times a year but really love catching them, any kind.

Latest posts

Back