Panhard bar Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnout

This is what I have tacked up for now with the pan hard bar. I have it on the back half of the axle angled with the frame mount about the same angle. I will only have about 3.5-4 inches of travel before the panhard bar hits the top of the pumkin. This is my first install of a panhard bar so suggetions are welcome.
Scott

Attachments

• P1040826.JPG
    P1040826.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 37
  • P1040830.JPG
    P1040830.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 38
  • P1040824.JPG
    P1040824.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 52
A couple of thoughts:

That's a pretty long panard bar. Although more length is optimal in order to minimize rear end movement during the travel arc, you could shorten the panhard bar and build a mounting bracket for it that bolts to the housing utilizing some of the same bolt holes as your differential cover.

You could also angle the bracket that's welded to your axle tube to the front or to the rear. Then bend the top part of the bracket to square it back up. Then move the brackets that attach to the frame rail forward or backward to match.

Or you could trim the ears off of the housing as reddog stated.

I have a really short panhard bar on my Anglia as evidenced by this build photo and it hasn't been an issue. There's only 16" between the framerails on this car.

I also feel it is too long but it came that way in my frame kit I got. I guess I will cut it down because I would like to put the frame mount on the inside of the frame and not the bottom.
thanks

Latest posts

Back