Pics of the Valiant finaly

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

Thanks to some guidance, searching, resizing and cussing I may have this figured out.

Attachments

• Valiant 1-19-12 006.JPG
    Valiant 1-19-12 006.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Valiant 1-19-12 003.JPG
    Valiant 1-19-12 003.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Valiant 1-19-12 002.JPG
    Valiant 1-19-12 002.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Valiant 1-19-12 001.JPG
    Valiant 1-19-12 001.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 51
Funny thin about buying this car is I found it on Chicago craigslist. Chicago is over 90 miles from where I live. The car actualy was about 4 minutes away from my house stored at a friends used car lot[cl

Funny thin about buying this car is I found it on Chicago craigslist. Chicago is over 90 miles from where I live. The car actualy was about 4 minutes away from my house stored at a friends used car lot[cl

yea - my dart was farther than i wanted to travel also hahaha i really like the buckets ---- there were some valiants i was looking at around the same time --
i dont know why but i think the darts and valiants are one of my favorite cars - falcons are right there with them -- theres just something about them that calls to me -- [P

Wow, that takes me back. When I was a kid my dad had two 2 doors - first one died and he bought another - that's when I got my love of cars & learned a lot working on them with him.

My intensions are to drive it as much as I can.
Future plans, when it warms up, are to paint it. The p.o. took the trim off to paint it and sanded a few spots but obviously didnt get around to painting it. May do a little detail work around the engine compartment and get new carpet and seat belts. Oh and swap on my wide whites

My first intension was to find a decent smaller car that would get better gas mileage than my 70 V8 truck, which wasnt hard to beat. I was focusing on cars like the 1st generation Chevy II, Falcon....... I found the usual cheap but peice of junk deals, alot of runs and drives but actualy didnt when I asked or they were further away than I wanted to go. Searched for almost a year but had set backs here and there too.

Good find man. I spent many years driving a '63 Valiant all over the country. I will have to dig up some pics for ya. Oh... In case you don't have any previous experience with 60's Mopars - The driver's side lugnuts are left hand thread. Don't want you to find out by snapping off a couple studs like some people do. ;) Haha. It's best to press them out on your next brake service and install regular right hand threads all around, but just a heads up. Have fun!

Good find man. I spent many years driving a '63 Valiant all over the country. I will have to dig up some pics for ya. Oh... In case you don't have any previous experience with 60's Mopars - The driver's side lugnuts are left hand thread. Don't want you to find out by snapping off a couple studs like some people do. ;) Haha. It's best to press them out on your next brake service and install regular right hand threads all around, but just a heads up. Have fun!

Thanks for the advice. The previous owner did mention that to me. I think I will replace them. I dont have the best of memories so I could see myself snapping one off

cool car..I used to have a 2 door 64 the same color..had the little straight six and push button auto..I'd punch 1st gear and rev it til it absolutely wouldn't rev any higher:rolleyes: then punch second and it would bark the little 13 inch mudgrips it wore..I bought it $100 from a friend of my dads, put brakes on it in his driveway and drove it home..about 1989 or so..young and dumb

cool car..I used to have a 2 door 64 the same color..had the little straight six and push button auto..I'd punch 1st gear and rev it til it absolutely wouldn't rev any higher:rolleyes: then punch second and it would bark the little 13 inch mudgrips it wore..I bought it $100 from a friend of my dads, put brakes on it in his driveway and drove it home..about 1989 or so..young and dumb

Sounds like something I would do at that age. Who am I kidding, I DID THAT TOO[cl 1972 C10 with a 6 and 3spd!
Your 13" mudgrips reminds me, the p.o. of my car swapped some 14" wheels from a Dart. Said it was easier to find tires.

Latest posts

Back