Project 47 REO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agree

try 4'''s in front by the windshield 3 1/2''s in the back and see how that looks:D

plus it should give ya that "WING" effect for down force at higher speeds.

Later:cool:

sweet overall

Id say just do it all out or not at all..lol.. Hey what did you use to get all the rust off. Doesnt look like soda blasted looks like a lot of sandpaper

Regarding the wheelbase my '56 F100 has been shortened to 100"...with a 54" long GMC box it's proportioned very nicely. A longer WB will work fine if you run this fender-less.

It's kinda of interesting how they built the 'turret top' bodies... obviously the outfit who built REO's cabs (maybe Budd Corporation?) didn't have a big enough stamping press to make the entire top in one piece so they were made separately and joined together... neat.

I don't think the F22 designation had anything to do with the GVW of the truck...

Id say just do it all out or not at all..lol.. Hey what did you use to get all the rust off. Doesnt look like soda blasted looks like a lot of sandpaper

This and a lot of dust

image_2843.jpg

Here it is with a 4.5 front and 4 inch rear....I think I like the looks this way....maybe I need to bust out the saw this weekend[P

SANY15962copycopy.jpg

Here it is with a 4.5 front and 4 inch rear....I think I like the looks this way....maybe I need to bust out the saw this weekend[P

Now that looks great !! A real improvement to the profile, plus the stock upward sweep of the lower edge of the side windows gives a meaner look with the entire opening now tapering to to front. Proceed !!

Well I was having second thoughts on doing the REO and going back to doing a 23 or 27 T. Well EVERYONE thinks I am nuts and need to just do the REO and shut up! So I started working on it again.

Welded up all the non needed holes in the firewall and patched a small butchered section....

SANY1595-1.jpg

SANY1597-1.jpg

SANY1598-1.jpg

Also pulled the dent out of the inside of the PS door...looked much worse then it was..

SANY16012.jpg

SANY1600-1.jpg

That was about it for today..

Here is the UGLY hood-grill.... I am thinking 32 ford grill and no hood... Ideas?? Thoughts?? :)

SANY1608.jpg

SANY1612.jpg

I also need to make-find some "flat" springs for the vent doors... I tried making then outa wire but no workie... Any ideas on finding springs like this (this one is broken in half)

SANY16042.jpg

SANY16032.jpg

Dont know how I missed this build! Looking good! I LOVE the nose! [drI would section it after you chop the top and it will be SWEEEEET![;)Dont ruin it with any other nose! Just my $.02

I also agree, it's cool, but a little big.

Needs to drop & taper more.

Chop time

Well Enfo came over and helped with the lay out this week and I got up today and busted out the saws and cut off wheels..... 4.5 front 4 rear. [cl

SANY1595-2.jpg

SANY1597-2.jpg

SANY1600-2.jpg

SANY1601-1.jpg

SANY1602.jpg

SANY1603.jpg

SANY1604.jpg

SANY16072.jpg

damn that looks awesome man.......Are you gonna be cutting the roof in half through the center? I have never seen this done and am just curious on how you move the front of the cab windshield pillars.

damn that looks awesome man.......Are you gonna be cutting the roof in half through the center? I have never seen this done and am just curious on how you move the front of the cab windshield pillars.

Yep just did that:D If you look at the pics you will see a factory seam running through the roof...I am cutting right down that seam and will need to add a few inches.... I will post lots of pics[;)

Was looking through the classifieds and seen your truck there, glad to see you decided to go ahead and build it! The chop is lookin good.

Latest posts

Back