Project 47 REO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh lord, almost anything except another '32 radiator shell. Some applied imagination will make that stock front retain the REOness and look unique as well. Top proportions are excellant so you've got the eye to do it. :cool:

I dont know it hard to beat the cleanness of the 32 shell:D That REO grill is unique like a ugly women:eek:

SANY1404copy.jpg

I also need to make-find some "flat" springs for the vent doors... I tried making then outa wire but no workie... Any ideas on finding springs like this (this one is broken in half)

Do you have a TSC or farm supply near you? The pick up springs on hay rakes and combine small grain heads would work. Being spring steel, they would give you the same type of metal that the original vent spring had. They can be bought for a couple of bucks or less.

Oh lord, almost anything except another '32 radiator shell. Some applied imagination will make that stock front retain the REOness and look unique as well.

I really have to agree here. This is where I loose interest in a lot of builds. Like on the 60's ford pickup, lots of cool features in the body work then didn't use the front.[S

Nose

Keep the Nose! Keep the nose! Keep the NOSE..........;)

Tell you what, you will ride a lot of miles before you see another Reo. My opinion is use the Reo parts.

Love that truck. Is it a gold comet?

Tell you what, you will ride a lot of miles before you see another Reo. My opinion is use the Reo parts.

Love that truck. Is it a gold comet?

Yep it was a gold comet but I am missing the emblems. Only emblems I have is the chrome top of the hood with the "f-22" emblem and the REO lettering that runs down the center. I have chopped and sectioned that grill every way I can think of on photo shop and just cant make it look good:mad:

It would be a lot cooler and unique if you can find a way.

Ultimately, it needs to be what you want; you’re the one who has to live with it.

Nothing too exciting...cut the roof in half. I flipped the cab up on the firewall so I can clean the bottom side and weld in some reinforcement for the frame mounting area....figured now was a good time since the roof is off...thing isnt as heavy as i figured...can flip it around by myself...

SANY1723.jpg

SANY1724.jpg

SANY1725.jpg

SANY1726.jpg

For real?

WHY??

Finaly I thought I had a semi oddball idea for a rat, even got full permission from the wife and you go and kill it for me. The ironic part is I was going to be comming to Tucson to pick up my cab in December when I get home. :rolleyes: Thats OK though my grill and hood (yes I said Hood) will be diffrent.
OK rant and cry fest off. Sweet build and you have answered a few of the cut and chop questions I was wondering about. Be lookin forward to your updates as you go.

What if you chopped the grill and gave it less of an exaggerated angle? or perhaps even reverse the angle it sits at?

Started putting the chop top back together tonight....

SANY1749.jpg

SANY1739.jpg

had a few issues..first I guess I cut on the wrong side of one of my cut lines...note 1/4" gap under rear window..no big deal :) I also didnt brace things as well as I figured because I had MASSIVE door gaps...used my car tie downs to pull it all together and welded the doors shut :)

The turret top cab didnt line up as well as I hoped so I needed to put some relief cuts to work the gaps..

SANY1742.jpg

SANY1741.jpg

I am not really sure how to fix this yet...the A pillars have a very different contour between the top part and lower part.. any ideas on how to fix this??

SANY1748.jpg

SANY1747.jpg

SANY1746.jpg

SANY1745.jpg

If I'm seeing this right, the issue is that the window opening shape doesn't line up right ? If you make relief cuts (red) you can pull it into line. What you don't want to do is move the entire post in top and bottom as that will screw up the outside alignment (yellow line) and cause trouble with the side windows.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 43
can't see pics?

Am I the only one that can't see the pics? it says they have been moved or deleted by photobucket. Ahhhhh, it's killing me. I want to see the pictures. help!:eek:

Latest posts

Back