purple haze

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighroder

i got a new trick today its a 50 2ton chevy 6100 got a few things i wanna do to it first fix the cab corners and floor and then i want to make it a crew cab, diesel and 5 speed trans lots of brass i would like to find some brass pipe for some stacks probably gunna keep the front end and wheels and maybe the rear end i dont know yet the truck will be mostly purple as you may have guessed by the title oh yeah no fenders too open wheel truck its gunna take a while i havent finished my bike yet and i gotta get to that first

032.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

and im pretty big inside this cab i need more room lol being 6 6 sucks sometimes

Should be an interesting build,sounds like you have a direction that your going with already. Some brass or different types of metal would be cool. And I take it your NOT going to chop it.

Holy cow what a score! Looks like a cool idea for a project, I like the brass isea and brass stacks would be sweet. I'm wrapping some things in copper wire I have laying around to see how it looks.

big rod

oringal title and keys, that a rare thing on a old rig, cool score:D

my friend is building a large rod also/ a 1951 diamond T 222 with a custom made wood bed that looks like a butcher block, it's hollow for storage.
the rear doors look like china hutch doors with custom engraving, hidden hinges with the doors opening in the middle and has matching wood rear fenders.

good luck on the truck build,,,,,,,

Later:rolleyes:

got an old truck bed its off a late 40s ford bed i think and best thing it was free and full of scrap one of my dads old trailers he forgot about im gunna shorten it i think i dont know how much yet i plan on using 22.5 wheels so i dont know how much until i get the wheels i guess ill know more

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

Thanks guys I measured the tires should put the top of the wheel right at window level just the way I like it I gotta butcher up a couple of those rims and send them out to be redrilled to the chevy axle pattern and inner bore for the hub and then the rears are gunna be setup to adapters anyone know who builds wheel adapters cheap? Airbagit.com does but they are saying about 259 per side which kinda sucks I would like to find some a little or a lot cheaper if possible lol

Latest posts

Back