purple haze

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got about 60 bucks for the old fence and the frame and rear end off the trailer just gotta remove the fenders from the bed. I got the seat and interior cleaned out of the truck cab gunna pick up the other can hopefully Sunday

Got the fenders tore off or atleast one so far I didn't know there was that rust up on the lower cowl/ kick panel/ floor, oh well more metal work yay

001-Copy.jpg

002-2.jpg

looks like a really cool starting place....i also notice those bundles of banded sawmill slabs in the background pics--that gives a kid who was raised with a sawmiller cold chills -and nitemares:eek:

i know you have a plan but i might suggest you find later model axles that will fit your wheels--it might be cheaper than adapters-not to mention later model braking hardware

and just for the record the bed is 53 up--not that it matters--but
that was the 1st year for "block" letters on the tailgate and those squared off fenders..used it up through the 70's as well.....

keep us posted.....[P[P

Does any one know if the 2 ton cabs are the same as the 1/2 ton cabs I didn't think they were but everyone keeps sayin that it'll be a huge rat. I know I plan on it being big but I was just asking in case I find a half ton cab for cheap

cab demensions are the same--floor board shape may be different (it usually is don't know on that particular one)
of course fender openings are bigger-but don't know if that matters--the hood is most likely the same as a reg pick-up.... hope that helps...[P

The AD style truck used the identical cab from 1/2 ton all the way up to 2 ton trucks, EXCEPT for the COE's. To the best of my knowledge, the only floorboard difference was a taller trans cover used to clear bigger, PTO equipped transmissions.

The ENTIRE front clip is different-fenders are longer, wider, bigger wheelwell openings. The hood is also longer and the grille is taller and wider.

Funny enough, in my part of the world, you would have a MUCH easier time finding a solid cab on a larger 1-1/2 or 2 ton truck. Higher up and farther away from the road salt, mostly used on farms or for non-road use, I guess...[S But I'm no expert.;)

If you want more make and model specific info, here's a GOOD link I'll refer you to:

www.stovebolt.com

Peruse their "Big Bolt" forum for specific info regarding "bigger than 1 ton" trucks.

Hope this helps.:)

Regards,
Shea:)

i pulled off the horn from the truck and thought it looked really cool its probably pretty commin its just a clam shell style horn cast and sheet metal anyways got over to my truck to touch it on the battery and see if it worked at shocked myself lol it was amusing to my gf i probably should have hooked up 12 volt to a 6 volt anyways but it still works

i got the rest of the front fender cut and ripped off finally but there is still an inner fender nothing was going right that day and i went and got something at a swap meet its an old milk can i thought but its actually used to hold gun powder and it was made in belguim i want to use it for an auxilary tank for like water methonal injection and it will sit between the back of the cab and in front of the rear wheel let me know what you think

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

i wish i had photoshop but i dont so i did a rough thro together of all the pics i had of the truck into what i kinda want it to look like this is all done on paint so dont get to picky about the details i want it a little lower maybe and the bed taller but i got tired of doing it i think next check im gunna go buy photoshop for my gf's computer and say its an anniversery gift... bingo lol

mine.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has extended an axle like this or could it even be done? I haven't even seen if it was cast or what not I was gunna look for a different axle but if I could just extend it it would be a lot cheaper and I could say I did it I would be looking to do about 6 inch extension just so the wheels sit outside the body I would of course put gussets on the insid and out and top and bottom any help or advice would be appreciated thanks Zeth

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

heres some pics of the front end i got along with the wheels i was told by the owner these were locking rims 2 or 3 peice but im not sure they are idk im gunna post a question in the wheel section its off a 62 chevy box van

those rims man are shot, all that rust around the ring surface is a big problem, these rims are usually 10x worse on the inside then they are on the outside... sorry man

I have 2 big rims that im not planing on using that are the chevy 10 lug pattern, if you are interested let me know, you can have them... we would need to verify the center hole opening though.. there are a few different diameters..

Latest posts

Back