Ranger frames

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattoodfreak

I know alot of people use s-10 frames as a platform for rods. Is there any reason that Ranger or other smaller truck frames aren't used? Reasson I'm asking I found a 95 Ranger already bagged for a pretty good price and was wondering if it would be hard to set my 37 GMC body on. Any thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:
S-10s are much more popular mostly b/c of the front suspension. Easy to lower and many aftermarket parts. Most of the rangers use the swing axle (except late models) that require drop axles to lower it right.

Someone may know of another reason.

I say run what you got. You can make anything work.It may not be as easy as an s10 frame but if it's all you have,go for it.Just my 2 cent's.

Thanks guys the Ranger is already lowered and bagged has a 4 link in the rear-I'm gonna go look at Friday-it's on C-list. Guy says it drives good ect, wants $1500 for the whole truck-it has air ride tech system on it-anybody know anything about that?

The rangers are harder to lower thats why most people stay away, my 97 once its body starts to go will be getting a old truck sitting on it. The front is i-beam suspension I have mine lowered 2in and the rear shackles flipped for 2in there too. If its already bagged tho all the works already done thats cool! That seems like a good price too.

Latest posts

Back