rat rod or not rat rod?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrench

58 morris minor i picked up yesterday...
morris3-copy.jpg

My brother picker this up a few months ago, he plans on building a hot four banger, Ford2300, Honda, maybe a British mill.......................Just a thought.
Maybe a Gasser style street car,
You have a great start......................Good luck.
100_2720.jpg

I love the chop top brown one above. Guess my vote would be to cram a small block in it with a posi rear, and drive the heck out of it

A young fella in town has one with a big block Chevy in it. Straight axle and nose high stance. He drives it a lot, so don't hold back when building yours!

led sled

seems like every one makes gassers out of those, i say make it a small led sled, flat black, red and white pin stripping, lake pipes.

Pablo

drawing

here is a black and white drawing, add yoru own graphics.

Pablo

Attachments

• rustys morris (Medium).jpg
    rustys morris (Medium).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 20
I'm thinking that there is a chop top section on them in the tex smith book''how to chop tops!''
Lots of potintial there on that one,i would vote for the gasser version also,but i would love to see a thread on you chopping and lowwering that too!
But then again i'm always looking for a reason to chop some thing!

I'd be more in favor of a daily driver type car, nice running 4 banger, some decent suspension and moderate lowering, chop if it doesn't loose in the usefulness dept. Maybe light custom like frenched and shave but not an assdragger

wow, awesome reaction to this little car. i like alot of the ideas posted too. the lead sled look is out, i dont care for it. daily driver with a 4 banger is one i'd already considered and still like. the gasser look i think is the best. this little car deserves it. however i will not make it a true drag car. no way i'm driving a 90 inch wheelbase car at speed. especially one with the front high in the air. however as a street ride the look would be cool. oh i meant to mention what i paid for it.....a used chevy small block edelbrock performer manifold. not kidding. a 50 dollar manifold. one more thing, if i intend to actually drive it a top chop is out of the question. at 6'4 tall i barely fit in it now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back