Saved From The Rock Pile

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure glad it all worked out for you,SGS. Most cops around here are pretty tolerant. They have the tuners to chase after nowadays.

I do have to give a huge thank you to Curt R for helping me out with this matter. He knows who to talk to to get things done.

I have around 5k miles on my truck with not one mechanical breakdown. That rebar has not bent in a pretzel or shattered like glass like some have suggested it would. It's been down some pretty ruff WI roads & the only thing that has any issues with them is my back!

I personally like the use of the rebar. There is an esoteric feel to it, an old school let's use this because we have it feel. And I like your logic in deciding that it would be rigid enough to handle the task. Basic engineeing principles at work. I won't speak for all the critics but I will agree that most of my expereince has been with relatively soft rebar that would not take a lot of compression or torsional forces. Sounds like you have made some good choices in your fab work, since it is holding up well. Thanks for expanding the envelope.

Latest posts

Back