Sheets & Giggles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking real good. I'm sure it will run as good as it looks.

I saw the Prefect & Scout this weekend at the Meltdown Fallout Drags but didn't talk to the brothers. They were pretty busy. Saw the blower off the Scout at one time.

Hopefully you'll make it to Byron next July...

The blower was off - twice. We pushed out the intake gaskets - twice. Sunday morning I had a revelation and found the foam filters from the evac canisters blocking both of the check valves. We fixed it but then lost the timing on the mag. (Too many hands trying to help) Paul made really good runs all weekend.

I talked to your hired driver for the Crosley. I was coming over to see you but then the staging lanes started moving. Next year we have to match the Crosley with the Prefect

I'm looking forward to seeing the Sheets and Giggles running. My turn to be the BUG (Back Up Guy) Larry's been there for me enough times.

Tool box is loaded and I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life. A new job and fresh challenges. Looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• Tools loaded.jpg
    Tools loaded.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32
Sure glad you found employment. Looks like you will be wrenching.

I just saw Saxon's post in this thread. Yes, We should match the Crosley with the Prefect. I'll have to add a bit of horsepresure to make it a race. There's a 15 minute You Tube from the Fall Out race that's fun to watch. All except watching me crew up against Bob Huberty.

Meltdown

Will this be the year I finally make it?

Sheets & Giggles has been accepted as entry #20 to this years Meltdown Drags in Byron, Ill., July 14 - 16. Really looking forward to finishing the car and being able to attend.

On another note .. I'm going for knee surgery on Jan 12 to repair a torn meniscus cartilage. Not something I look forward to but it should make getting around a little easier. Hope I can get the other knee fixed soon as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 42
Are they just going to "scope" your knee and cut out the damaged tissue? or are they doing a lot more work in there?

I had a torn meniscus on one of my knees and didn't get a real warm and fuzzy feeling about the orthopedic surgeon (50/50 that they could make it stop hurting)....and let mother nature take care of it. it took a while, but it healed on its own. I can run on it now, but don't....cause I'm too old for that stuff now.

Are they just going to "scope" your knee and cut out the damaged tissue? or are they doing a lot more work in there?

I had a torn meniscus on one of my knees and didn't get a real warm and fuzzy feeling about the orthopedic surgeon (50/50 that they could make it stop hurting)....and let mother nature take care of it. it took a while, but it healed on its own. I can run on it now, but don't....cause I'm too old for that stuff now.

Yes, they are going to "scope" it. Apparently they are going to remove a flap that is just getting in the way and then do some repair on the tear. This is the left knee I had shattered about 40 years ago .. the kneecap was removed a couple of years after that accident and its been pretty good up till now. Hopefully this procedure will work for me and then they can fix the right one that is acting up the same way but I haven't had an mri done on it yet to determine exactly what is needed.

Good luck with the repair work, sending good thoughts your way [cl
The car is looking great, i'm sure it will run as well as it looks :D

Yes, they are going to "scope" it. Apparently they are going to remove a flap that is just getting in the way and then do some repair on the tear. This is the left knee I had shattered about 40 years ago .. the kneecap was removed a couple of years after that accident and its been pretty good up till now. Hopefully this procedure will work for me and then they can fix the right one that is acting up the same way but I haven't had an mri done on it yet to determine exactly what is needed.

Good luck.

Apparently there is a region that gets good blood flow and will heal nicely and a region that does not do so well. My tear was in the region that does not have the good blood flow. I don't know if it healed or the flap withered up and died, but it quit hurting. I fell in the shower at the old age of about 37....and twisted my knee about 90 degrees to the side and then landed on it. I felt really dumb explaining it...and hurt for a couple of years.

The car looks great. Good that you are getting yourself all repaired too. Got the dragster in the Meltdown Drags. #191 and I registered the first day. The Crosley won't be there as the driver, Dave has his 50th anniversary that weekend. Not a very understanding wife, if you ask me.
Will you be able to run the roadster this spring to work the bugs out?

The car looks great. Good that you are getting yourself all repaired too. Got the dragster in the Meltdown Drags. #191 and I registered the first day. The Crosley won't be there as the driver, Dave has his 50th anniversary that weekend. Not a very understanding wife, if you ask me.
Will you be able to run the roadster this spring to work the bugs out?

Thanks Bob. I expect to have the car finished and be testing in late May or early June. As long as I don't break it we will be at Meltdown. It'll be great to see you again.

And yes, wives are funny that way. At least my anniversary is in December so it doesn't interfere with the race schedule .. :) It was #31 last month. Amazed that she has put up with my brand of bs for so long.

Latest posts

Back