Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get you! I hadn't simplified to that when I thought about the belts. I was trying to figure in the spring tension like YTs idea. They would have worked backwards to that idea and if the peg was pulled, the window would go down. The rollers were too big and I nixed the idea. But I do still have plenty of belt material. I have to think ahead about things like that, he my riding partner on most trips and he's really good in a vehicle, but having him find an un-announced exit on his own would not be good. He's lived his life in the woods and does not understand the dangers of rolling objects. Getting out in town would lead to his early demise.
Some kind of safety clip on the antler peg???

Looks great man, built yourself a fine ride you can be proud of

Just playing with the camera guys. Have done some small stuff but not much noteworthy for pix. Some adjustments to the passenger doorway has kept me busy. Some work on felting the window channels and such. Here's a couple more pix. Having a blast on the driveway still everytime I ride...

You're gonna keep it up with the fish crap and I'm gonna have to come down there [ddd
I with Bruno, that's a bad ass ride [cl :cool:

Ya'll are much too kind! Thanks for the boost...I'm digging it too and rounding the last curve to being on the road. I want to get my window work done before I get my tags or I just know I'll be ripping the roads if I don't. I have a hard time not taking it out for an hour or two on my driveway every day. The driveway is nothing but a 2 rut dirt road and I drag it smooth daily. It's kind of an "end of the day ritual" Me and Buddy take a tour or two raking the road.

Old Iron, if ya get the chance to make it down here, please let me know and we will fish. That's one of my only pastimes where I really relax. I'm in Lake County and it was aptly named...fishable water every where.

Thanks again all.

I live on a shallow lake but our waterfall in the last few years has been down and we've been in drought conditions. The lake behind the house was so dry I could walk across it last year. We have had some rain this year and the lakes are up again but will take a few years with water to start having fish in them. There are lakes and rivers everywhere around me though, so plenty of fishing.
The pictures were taken around a little pond next to my driveway. On my way out the mile and a half drive, I pass 5 ponds. 3 are fishable.

I'm about 5 minutes from the St Johns River which would give me access to many of the large lakes on the eastern side of the state. I fish the lakes in the woods more than the rivers but it really depends on what you want to fish for and how far you want to go before hitting the water.

2 steps forward and 3 steps back

:rolleyes:Been having one of those weeks like CC13 spoke of. Pix are short. Spent most of my time mumbling and cussing under my breath...well, some were pretty loud!:D Trying to deal with all those little items that are a little off and need some adjusting. Started the windows project. Found my windshield frame a little too close on gaps to work with my seal material so I cut the height down by a saw cut, then welded it back up. That changed the angle of my fancy retractor/screw arrangement for opening/closing the windshield. Long story short, I played with that half a day and wound up ditching it in favor of some back to the drawing board thinking on redesign for later. The angle change necessitates reshaping the bracket to allow a more level draw on the screw. Otherwise the angle kept the windshield frame from closing tight like before. The mechanism also just hung out into nowhere. I've been keeping the simple and smooth idea going on the inside of the cab on this because of room issues. Trying to keep anything not absolutely necessary from taking up room in there or causing something to be struck by body parts just occupying the cab. That also kept me from using a more primitive fastener for the door window pulls. Just changed the ideas up a little. These are leather straps with velcro on the doors and a couple of catch places under the leather. I'll probably finish the slot mouth in the doors with a brass plate. There is a roller behind the inner panel that allows the seather strap to pull pretty easy. The lift strap works pretty good. I still have my plastic protector sheets on the lexan until I'm done. When I pull that off they ought to work fairly smoothly.

Also stepped around to the back window to place my gaskets. You can also see the felt belting I used for the inside of my window channels in my doors.

Even my peep mirrors gave me the jizz....got 2 from speedway of the tiny ones. No pix, sorry! Found one place I can kinda see with the one on the driver's door. Never got a view out of the passenger side...[S
The taper from front to rear on the cab allows just enough to see past the door edge...geez. I think I know that the other one will be on the dash temporary to cover where my adjuster came off.
On a lighter note....I went fishin yesterday and closed the lake down. My fishing partner and I caught fish from the boat ramp out to everywhere we stopped. Beautiful day! Lots of action. No fish pix because all were small. I think only the last one we caught wass legal length of 14". We usually catch and release anyway, but Jrs old lady wanted to cook some if we caught any legals. We went home empty handed but what a nice day on the lake. Fish were more active than in a long time, just no size to them. We caught 11.

I just hate it when nothing seems to go right. I guess I'm changing with age or something cause when a day starts going that way I go do something else. It's usually better when I have a chance to think about it and get back to it.
Hang in there, It's looking great and is a really sweet ride.

A good day of fishing should help I'd think.

I just hate it when nothing seems to go right. I guess I'm changing with age or something cause when a day starts going that way I go do something else. It's usually better when I have a chance to think about it and get back to it.
Hang in there, It's looking great and is a really sweet ride.

A good day of fishing should help I'd think.

Pops, I know what you mean and I do the same thing. Do something else until an idea forms for the current problem. When every direction has issues....you fish!:D

Yep I know exactly the 1 forward 3 back waltz.
Sounded like a good day to fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea Iron, I'm wearing the mop out for a partner lately!:rolleyes:

We haven't had an active day like that fishing in a while. They are usually a little spaced out over time lately. It was nice to be hitting fish everywhere we went. We fish the grass and lost as many as we got back to the boat and at times, both of us were bringing fish in. Schoolers running in packs chasing minnows, fun,fun,fun...

Looking great... The window idea is neat!

I definitely had one of those days on sat myself... The day might have been a wash and even in the end..

Stay after it!

Thanks Corpo and Torchie! You know we all volunteer for those long days of fighting issues...;) We wouldn't build anything if we were worried about this stuff, but we all need to vent. Ya gotta watch me when things get screwy, I'll fish in a mud puddle!

Here's a pic of the roller I used in the inner door panels for the strap. Some sheet metal bent into a U shape, drilled, used a piece of weld rod for the pin and a small piece of steel tube for the roller.

My strap spruced up with a brass plate.

And my back window in

Latest posts

Back