Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some body cut the door inner metal with the motor and cross window channel stuff out of an electric window car and thats what they screwed to the inside frame of my 31 chevy ..I took it out when I redone the truck and was going to put glass back instead of plexi. but that was 30 years ago and it still dont have side winders in it ,, Dang !!!!!! 30 years ago .... boy thats a long time ago now that I said it .....

boing

Some spring steel rear bumps:

Yesterday, I took my pattern to the glass shop to get the windshield cut from 1/4" laminated glass. They called me about 9 this am. $52.50...not bad:

I made this handy little tool from an old brush made of nylon. Maybe you can see the shape I put in the end. Bent with heat. Ground the odd little shape on the end and polished it some to smooth it out.

I know I posted this stuff before, but it's from McMaster-Carr. All supple rubber. Has it's own locking lip, and with that little tool, slick and easy to install glass.

All glass is in:

Mirrors on:

Thanks guys!!! Eman, I did take some care there. I taped off the area under the gasket, took it to bare metal, treated it with ospho, and painted just the part under the new gasket. It probably helped being smooth on the glass install. If anyone is setting windows up with straight lips on the openings, I highly recommend this gasket material. I've been fretting doing this and really couldn't believe how easy it went. They have all kinds of different sizes offered to fit what you're doing....and no, Really, I don't work for em....:D I spent more time getting 45s cut in the rubber corners than I did placing the glass.

Great progress smallfoot.
Now that you have glass how is your co-pilot going to stick his head out the window??[ddd
I dig the bumpers as well.[cl[cl:D
Torchie

Thanks Torchie! I think you could say the only aspect of a ride that Buddy doesn't like is if he doesn't get to go...:D

This pic made me smile this morning. LOOKS FREAKIN GREAT :D [cl
I love the bumperette idea too. I'll pack that away in the ole memory bank :cool:
012_zpsgdq78vb9.jpg

Hey bruno. Maybe we should have smallfoot work on us.[ddd [ddd :D
Torchie

I dunno, I commonly beat on stuff with BFH! :eek:

Thanks ya'll! It's always appreciated! It's been a long haul. 2 years, 3 months, and 10 days....but who's counting right? Outside of some tweeking that I won't be able to do until the first paved road ride, I'm calling it done. I've been watching the odometer lately, wondering if I'm gonna get my tags before I pass the 100 mile mark on the speedo. I'm in the 90s now and haven't left the driveway...jeez! One thing's for sure. If I haven't broken anything or shook something loose by now, I'm feeling real confident in the build.
Thanks again!

I dunno, I commonly beat on stuff with BFH! :eek:

That's alright smallfoot. One of my heart surgons told me once that he was nothing more than a High priced plumber. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Seriously though... You should take pride in your accomplishment not only because of what you started with but also that you saw it thru to completion.
Great job my friend.[cl [cl [cl
Torchie

You have made a truck out of almost nothing; that's AMAZING.
Still, you'll come across people who won't appreciate your work. We are not in that group, we have seen what you can do. Great job.

awesome work.. glass looks good.. thats on my short list

love the bumper idea.. so if someone clips ur corner or you back into something it will just spring right back :D

Latest posts

Back