so, when ya gonna paint it? how do you answer?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
the last few weeks every where l take the truck, the question always come's up: so, when ya gonna paint it? :confused:

never:D

l tell them why on the truck and most say "cool, leave it that way".

the 30lSH dodge is cheapy wal-mart black/red spray paint. no plans for real paint, bonus, it's easy to touch up.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• adian in jimmy's truck.jpg
    adian in jimmy's truck.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 50
  • albertons car show 009.jpg
    albertons car show 009.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 48
i hear that all the time. i just tell them it took along time to get a natural metal finish like this. the green thing to do is not add any chemicals to it.

Attachments

• low ihs.jpg
    low ihs.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 54
Car people, I tell them 'It's a rat, it's not getting any paint if I can help it'. The car clueless, I tell them 'I'll paint it the original blue, IF I ever get that far' - otherwise they give me a confused or horrified look.

I just read a thread on another forum and the guy was all bent because someone ask that. I say it's just one of those dumb questions you get used to. I had a friend with an old flat black 48 Ford pickup he drove everywhere.He had a rattle can of flat black and when someone asked the question, he'd just get that rattle can, paint a little and say "Hows that?"

I always get that same question. My answer is what, you dont like the color?

Attachments

• 788.jpg
    788.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 41
Someday.
Half of the time the same one that asks then says "I kinda like it the way it is".I guess there is some unwritten rule that it must be painted.;)

Eventually I'll get tired of answering that question about mine, so I think I'll have "It IS painted" pinstriped right below the windows so all I have to do is point. :rolleyes:

Me too! I just wonder if some of those people can even read! :eek:

Zipper

"Spend 10 Grand on a paintjob and then have some inconsiderate butthead put a ding in it with their door? Not happenin."

How about this comeback: " I've been taking donations toward the paint job and most people are kicking in between $ 20 and $50. How much can I put you down for ?" :rolleyes: Bet they stop asking pretty fast after that. :D:D

Don

For a few years at Back to the Fifties there was a group of young kids who would flash signs at the cars leaving the fairgrounds... they always flashed me a "it will be nice when it's done!" sign.

One year I had one made that I flashed back... "It IS done!"

Paint

I get, "when are you going to paint it one color?"

Sometimes I shrug and say "I don't know?" other times I say I haven't decided which one yet.
Then again, the sleeper vibe might be ruined if it weren't one color.

A friend nicknamed it "the calico kid" but car names don't stick with me.

440shorty

P.S. The grill says "Oldsmobile" the door "Bonneville" and the tailgate "Pontiac."

Attachments

• 092911wagonWlumber.jpg
    092911wagonWlumber.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 041912wagon3qf.jpg
    041912wagon3qf.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back