Some idiot stole my trailer last night !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I've had this little utility trailer for over 30 years, and have hauled all kinds of stuff on it. Last night my Son Dan was at the shop till about midnight, and it was in it's usual parking spot, but when we got to the shop today at noon it was gone ! :mad: I have had it in that same spot for the past 9 years with no problems.

It had to be scrappers because it was basically a POS, even one tire was flat. I had the Sheriff come out and do a report and I called the local scrap yard (they were zero help, said they were not allowed to tell me if someone scrapped a trailer today ! :mad::mad:)

It wasn't worth much, but it is the principle of the thing that ****ed me off. I hate thieves. Plus, now Mama Cat at the shop doesn't have her usual dinner table to eat on.

Here is a picture of it when I went to Georgia to pick up a bunch of car parts.

Don

I hate that Don.:mad: Nothing I hate worse than a thief! Kinda screwed up that the salvage yard wouldn't tell you if they had scrapped a trailer today, sounds like they are in cahoots with the thieves.

Sorry to hear that Don. I can't stand a thief! Hope it turns up somewhere but I doubt it. :(

Bama your right on that ,, down here they have a camera on you and take your drivers license number and add to what you brought in and the time it was ... I think they do that most places now a days seeing so much copper has been stolen.. if the police will ask they will tell them , but if its a good customer they may just hide it .. we have a fellow that was caught stealing a truck and it was crushed before the owner could get to it .. this was last year and nothing has been done about it yet ,,,, and he works for the junkyard....

I Feel Your Pain

I to hate thieves:mad:
My truck was parted in the place for 14 years.
It doesn't look big enough to be worth much cor scrap.
Sorry Brother. ÷(

That sucks! [S

Hey I have 3 trailer wheels and tires and a tongue with a vin # I'll give you. They were from a harbor freight style trailer about the size of yours. Add an your flat bed with an axle and springs and wala![;)

There's an old guy that lives near my moms house, that had his trailer
stolen from his drive way that was hooked up to his pickup.

He hung WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE posters all over the county offering a $500
reward for the SOB that stole his truck and trailer. The dang Sherriff went to his house and told him it was illegal to put a bounty on somebody's head and
"suggested" he take them down.

Sad when the thugs have more rights the we do.
Sorry they took your trailer.
I have a theft deterrent/anti loan system for my trailers, I keep a little worthless trash on them.
No one seems to want to deal with the trash for the trailers.

I have a theft deterrent/anti loan system for my trailers, I keep a little worthless trash on them.
No one seems to want to deal with the trash for the trailers.

I've done that too. I also keep a tire or two flat on mine, not on purpose, I just don't fix them when they go flat until I need to use the trailer. Then I'll air them up, and let them go flat when I get home. Nobody wants to have to fix a flat to use my trailer.

that sux don, i hope yall find it. like was said above her in bama they take pics/vids and copy your id. we lost a employee cause he was seen on vid scraping track rollers and 8d batteries from the drills we work on, the bad part it he got his paycheck every week and still stole from us. after all that he tried to file unemployment, he got 3 checks and then had to pay them back because he was caught.

In the final analysis, I really didn't lose much, the trailer had been ridden hard and put away wet a whole bunch of times. It was originally a motorcycle trailer that I put a bunch of 2 x 6 boards on for a floor, and even those were pretty rotten and needed replaced.

The scrap yard I called is one I have junked stuff at for years, and they take your picture and your drivers license info when you sell stuff there. All I wanted them to do was be on the lookout for the trailer, but the lady on the phone was pretty rude and unhelpful. On the bright side, the Sheriff Deputy who came was very helpful and a second Deputy came by later to make sure we were taken care of and he said he would keep an eye out.

Don

I hate thieves too! Came home one night & the neighbor chased a thief off who was trying to steal stuff from our garage on his bicycle! Moron dropped the goods but here's what he took... an ancient microwave (and I mean ancient that didn't even work) & a *really* fake mink coat that Mrs Tripper & I used to call the kids "inheritance"... haha! Anyway he tried to take a bunch of crap but left my buddy's set of Ping golf clubs worth a couple grand! It was a running joke for a long time but... I still hate thieves!!! Sorry about losing u're treasure Don!!! :D

BoB

I live on the road that goes to the scrap places. Nothing made of metal is safe in my front yard.

I figure when my 82 F100 short-wide got jacked, it was not tweekers, though. I figure it was a chop shop, or someone with good taste in trucks. :D Never saw it again...

All thieves must ............... :mad:

Hope your ugly trailer comes home.

I keep ball locks in all my trailers, not that it would prevent something like this..... If someone wants something, they will have it. My camper when it is in storage mode I even chain it to a post.

I hate thieves. Some one works so hard for what they have just for some one to come by and steal it.... what a load of crap.

I keep ball locks in all my trailers, not that it would prevent something like this..... If someone wants something, they will have it. My camper when it is in storage mode I even chain it to a post.

I hate thieves. Some one works so hard for what they have just for some one to come by and steal it.... what a load of crap.

My insurance won't cover my trailers unless they have a hitch lock on them... Well if ya have Allstate they won't cover it anyways lol.

I keep ball locks in all my trailers, not that it would prevent something like this..... If someone wants something, they will have it.

I keep ball locks on my trailers too but they can still be cut off, it just makes it a little harder and makes noise if they try to cut them or bang on them! Better than nothing and cheap insurance! :D

Toad

Back