Some old scanned photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
I got a scanner for Christmas and finally got it fired up tonight. I'll post a few photos that I have scanned so far. I'll keep adding to the thread as I go through old photos and scan them.

Here's an oldie. The little guy is my dad and the fellow in the fedora is my Great Grandfather.

gpand.jpg

Here's my dad and his cousin with a 40 Ford ex-racer that they salvaged. Rat Rod? My dad is the guy standing outside of the car.

40FordSmall.jpg

Here's a Merc my dad owned in the late 50's.

mercSmall.jpg

Who says that the Small Block Chevy is not traditional? Here is a tri-power example that my dad picked from the carcass of a freshly demolished tri-five Chevy. It went in the above pictured Merc. There is also a 2 pot flathead intake laying there along with an outboard boat motor.

sbcSmall.jpg

More to follow

Car hops ....................:D

hopSmall.jpg

My dad with his lowered Valiant in the early 60's. Two weeks after this photo was taken he rolled the car in the hills of Ky and flattened the roof.

valSmall.jpg

Here's a couple from the early 70's. The lovely Linda Vaughn (on the right) taken at the U.S. Nats in Indy.

scan0002Small.jpg

Okay, this is embarrassing. This is me (on the right) and my brother. Taken at Edgewater Raceway Park, Cleves, Ohio. Again in the early 70's.

e1Small.jpg

That's all for tonight, but I'll add more as I scan them.

Last edited:
My dad with his lowered Valiant in the early 60's. Two weeks after this photo was taken he rolled the car in the hills of Ky and flattened the roof.

Gastrick,
Now that's lowerin' the lid the hard way! Kool fotos!!! Mrs Tripper is always kiddin' me that all our family portraits were by cars... truer words were never spoken!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Those were great Gastrick! I love old pictures like that. The car pics really say alot about who you are and where your love of cars comes from.

I have some similar to yours. Wish I had a scanner!

Thunder1

Here's another from 1969 or 1970 I think. Both of these bikes were mine but that's my brother on the blue Huffy Slingshot and me on the chopper that my dad made for me. I can still remember my dad painting the frame in the basement with a spray can with a color named "competition orange".

that is some good stuff right there. man does that bring back some memories of some of the crazy bikes built as kids, choppers with long SISSY bars and banana seats.... oh yea and cheatah slicks....thanks for posting...:D:D dp1

thanks

appreciate you taking the time to share those, i love to see the old hot rods from "back in the day" - and the reason my 46 has a sbc is b/c dad built one in 65 and used a sbc 283 powerpack (available, affordable, and in a neat little package--STILL a good excuse to use one!!)

i'll be looking for more to come!!

HRP

Latest posts

Back