Sorry for the O/T but this is one HUGE Tx Rattler!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Like we always say... *everything* is bigger in Texas! Check this Western Diamondback Rattler found between Kenedy & Three Rivers, Tx. 10'4" 108Lbs! That's one BIG snake!!! This is not PS'd!

BoB

Attachments

• rattler.jpg
    rattler.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 81
I HATE SNAKES !!!!!!!! :eek: That is one big snake there. We have a problem here in Florida with Pytons that people had as pets and released, now they are out of control. They say you hardly ever see a raccoon, stork, wood rat, etc in the Everglades these days and these snakes are even killing and eating deer ! They also kill alligators and eat them ! :eek:

I have goosebumps just thinking about snakes.

Don

my people down in pearsall tx. see big rattlers all the time, but that is a good one, and a really good one for a western.

That is a big snake, just can't understand why people feel the need to kill everything. I am scared to death of snakes and see them in my yard often, I live in the woods, but I don't kill them.

At my lovely shop we are constructing a new lay down yard for all our parts and pieces, about 100k square feet worth.

My yard manager, while driving around on the new JCB telehandler, tells me he has seen no less than 3 water moccasins.

They were small compared to that big old rattler but just as scary.

I am hoping that one of them does not make its way into my shop on a bundle of material.

I could just imagine the workers comp claim on that.

Be careful Goose-em when I was working electrical construction another electrician got bitten by a poisonous snake moving material and did not know it until his hand was hurting. Lucky for him we were working at a doctors center next to the hospital.

Our yard is right by a drainage ditch, we have seen up to a 7 foot gator in that thing.

We are pretty careful but you never know what might be laying up inside a bundle of aluminum extrusions.

I HATE SNAKES !!!!!!!! :eek: That is one big snake there. We have a problem here in Florida with Pythons that people had as pets and released, now they are out of control. They say you hardly ever see a raccoon, stork, wood rat, etc in the Everglades these days and these snakes are even killing and eating deer ! They also kill alligators and eat them ! :eek:

I have goosebumps just thinking about snakes.

Don

LOL, I'm right there with ya' :D
I had heard that some think that a recent hurricane damaged a research center that had a lot of Pythons in it and that has also led to some of the troubles we are having here in FL as well. Either way, it really sucks.

Are you sure we aren't related somehow?

Latest posts

Back