Speaking other languages

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Portuguese,I had no choice but to learn it when I was a kid. As my grandmother that came from the old country refused to learn english.

Anyone here speak more than just english? Im wanting to learn another language, but dont know how hard its going to be to teach myself. Ive narrowed it down to learning either german or gaelic. Gaelic is a dying language, and its dying fast. They will probably both be really hard to learn, especially on the teaching yourself type learning. I could actually probably learn how to weld and build a rod from scratch before i can teach myself either of these languages, :rolleyes:.

So anyone here speak other words, and anyone teach themself?

German's not as hard as you would think. A lot of our modern English has German equivalencies that sound the same and are even spelled similarly.

I would love to hear Galic with a southern accent.:D

In Russia, I work with people from all over the planet, and they all speak English well.
One of the funniest exchages was a fellow from Scotland and a
fellow from Louisiana.
Unless they wrote it down, they couldn't understand each other at all. :confused:
Russian is a tough language to learn, been working there for over 4 years
and still have a long way to go.....:( '22

Latest posts

Back