Speedway *really* is Speedy!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Dudes... I found this hard to believe but... I decided to get a Holley 870 instead of the 770 I had on my Chevelle. I ordered it on Wed & it was delivered on Sat. When they said it would be delivered on Sat... I told myself NO WAY! Well... yes way + the price for the carb was excellent! That's what I call Speedy service!!! :D:D:D

BoB

They have always been quite speedy for me too. When I used to drive in circles they'd always have my parts to me the next day-if I ordered by 2:00pm. Of course, I'm a little closer than most on here, but it's good to know your stuff is at least enroute almost immediately after placing your order.

If it wasn't for Speedway, I'd still be combing junk yards. Fast?...oh yeah. I use cheapo UPS ground service and get it in three days. And they carry the odd ball stuff too, like an eight foot accelerator cable. Years ago we always had a JC Whitney catalog laying around...now it's a Speedway catalog.

I have had really good luck w/ Jeg's too. I have ordered stuff from them and it's there in 2-3 days. Wish I could say the same for Chassis Engineering - more like 3-4 weeks w/ those guys. Good stuff though....

Tripper, wasn't your Chevelle motor a crate engine?? Did they not put enough carb on it?? Figured it would be right when you got it... :confused:

Some people badmouth Speedway for buying some stuff from China, but I have been a customer for over 25 years and can't remember one bad experience. They are also super on returns and credit.

To tell you how good they are, my Son Don bought a complete Wilwood front brake setup for his T a while back. He has been getting a lot of brake dust and they seem to drag a little. He called one day to just ask what the fix might be, and the Customer Service guy told him he was going to send him a free set of rotors, new different disc pads, and a proportioning valve, all at no charge, and no return on the old stuff!! :eek: Who does that any more??

Like every other place, you have to look at what you are buying, but most of their stuff is top notch in my book.

Don

Some people badmouth Speedway for buying some stuff from China, but I have been a customer for over 25 years and can't remember one bad experience. They are also super on returns and credit.

To tell you how good they are, my Son Don bought a complete Wilwood front brake setup for his T a while back. He has been getting a lot of brake dust and they seem to drag a little. He called one day to just ask what the fix might be, and the Customer Service guy told him he was going to send him a free set of rotors, new different disc pads, and a proportioning valve, all at no charge, and no return on the old stuff!! :eek: Who does that any more??

Like every other place, you have to look at what you are buying, but most of their stuff is top notch in my book.

Don

thats hard to beat.....i think Speedway has great parts.....:D

Don posted a pic of a broken Speedway steering arm a year or so back that still draws me up..

I use them alot, but find some of their stuff questionable sometimes. I have some of their spring pivots from India that looked like potmetal--I didn't use them--maybe just me?? It's such a key part though I need lots of confidence in it.

If I use that part from them again, I believe I'll get 3 and do some destructive testing on one just to make me feel better. They are pretty cheep. I do that to my own work, why not someone elses?.

I get a lot of bad parts from autoparts stores any more.. Even with good names--like Moog. I'm seeing maybe 1 out of 4 parts I get are faulty or inferior.

Generally I think the parts industry overall is decreasing in quality. I recently bought $75,000 worth of pumps for my work that had %90 failure in the first year!! I kinda got a bad attitude about parts I guess..

PA41

The funny thing (maybe not so funny really) is that Speedway was buying that steering arm from Total Performance, who had been selling them for years. I wonder how many T Buckets are running around with that same shiny arm on their car? But Speedway didn't hesitate one second, they pulled all of them off the shelf and did stress tests on them. They found out they broke way under specs, so they no longer carry them at all.

Like I said in my earlier post, I like Speedway. The buying from China thing has been caused by you and me as much as anyone. We SAY we would spend money for USA made stuff, but we still shop the Harbor Freights of this world. I'm right in that group too and am just sayin'. Companies have had to go to other markets to stay in business and Speedway is no exception.

Don

I like speedway, been quite a few years since I ordered from them due to my situation, but pretty fast, also had good service from Jegs and Summit, I ordered more from Summit than Jegs, just slightly faster getting it to me.

Regards,

Rev. D.

We order a lot from SW.
Even overseas they are 'speedy'!!
Normaly it takes 5 to 8 days to get it here in the Netherlands.
And if it takes longer then that's because of lazy customs..
Good service and nice prices!!

foreign parts/tools

i don't buy anytools or parts from foreign countries if there is ANY other
source available. many manufacturers have products built over seas
because they have no osha regs,no child labor laws,and noone looking
over their shoulder. at times the foreign stuff is cheaper, until the usa manufacturers are out of business. my local steel supplier bougt some 3"steel
channel iron at a "deal" from a foreign supplier & had to take most of it back. u could be welding on it and at times it would just "blow out" almost like
you had suddendly turn your welding amps up "way" too high. we had to redo
alot of projects because of the bad channel iron. cheapest is not always a bargain.

cheapest is not always a bargain.

But convincing the average joe of that fact is a tough one at best. The average person these days looks at the taxes/duties/levies/fees on everything we buy and tries to save where they can without realising what they are doing to themselves and their own economy in the long run. This arguement can be made for every single item we consumers purchase from the pork chops you had for dinner last night to the brakes on the school bus our kids ride on... Kind of scary at times:(

That almost makes me cry. I love a pre-67 VW and that poor guy obviously had a lot of time and caysh into that rig. Yes that's caysh with a "y".

I would think that Magnum should be VERY interested
to know if they have a problem with their foundry,
a problem with their Plating,
or if counterfiet products were being sold as Magnums.

Latest posts

Back