Started on the 40 Dodge PU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Blue. It feels good when they come to life. Now you just have to pick it's brain up off the floor and put it in it's body :D

LOL!!
The whole wiring harness was laying beside the truck.. gauges, steering column and all..
I wanted to hear it run before I put any more time or money into the fuel injection.. mounting everything, etc..
It's hard not to just tunnel ram it (other than the lack of money :p )

OK..
Should I mount the headlights up higher, or down low?

LightsHi.jpg

LightsLow.jpg

I really need to finish the bed.. :(
TailLights.jpg
Well you already know I like those light thingies on the cowl,how about if they were spotlights and you did nt have any headlights up front Hi or Low everybody has headlights in the front.,however if you have to have them up front i like em high LFE

I would put the head lights down low, makes the truck look lower, and it will cover up some of the VW axlw from the front. I like the way the truck is turning out, you are doing a good job. let us know how that VW axle works out i am really interested.

Pablo

OK..
I got a bit more cash, so I ordered my front shocks, and headers yeaterday..

Once the front shocks are on (coil overs) I can see what the ride height is going to be, and then I can mount the grill and headlights...

I am also toying with the idea of maybe adding some stacks....
I simulated them with some 3" stainless I had at work..

I am also debating if I should thin my own harness for the TPI, get a replacement harness from Painless (harness and VSS is going to be over $500, or screw it all and just get a tunnel ram)

Thoughts, on induction or stacks?

Stacks.jpg

The stacks are cool, super cool if you use flame throwers! I thinnned down the harness for my rock buggy, and got a different chip. It works well. It is hard to beat a good tunnel ram.

I like the stacks too ,looks good !
Love the tunnlerams ,but can get exspencive and ya gotta stay on top of them.thinking of usein 2- 1 barrles on top of mine.
The tpi is nice but looks kinda out of place on that build to me.but more sensible probably.
Your makin some great progress ,keep up the good work.ever figure out the wheels yet?

Your makin some great progress ,keep up the good work.ever figure out the wheels yet?

Thanks..
I want wheels like yours!!
But am having a hard time finding some used ones in a 5x5.5 bolt pattern :mad:
The wheels in the last picture with the stacks are the wheels I have now..
If I don't get a bonus I'll run those...
If I do get a bonus I'll look into it more..
I want some like yours, but if not I was thinking something cheap...
like maybe

Rallye
wvi-41_w.jpg

Smoothie
usw-52-5010.jpg

or the new v-5
crr-3655712_w.jpg

I have a friend with some five slot mags 5x5 1/2[big ford pattern].He said he would sell them ,do you want me to check on price for ya.Or i can get you a phone nu. maybe.
Also check with summit,they call them ansen wheels.[new]

Latest posts

Back