Started on the 40 Dodge PU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go to a marine store like West Marine they carry flat fiberglass battans that are made to hold up boat covers so they won't sag and puddle water. They are like 1 or 1.5 inches wide x about 1/4 thick, and come in something like 8 foot lengths. You cut them just slightly longer so they will bow up and when you want to remove them you just push in the center to pop them out.

You could easily make up some channels under the roof to slip the ends into.

Don

thats gonna be neat when you get it done!
I thought about doing the same to my rat ,but got lucky and found another top skin to use .
You could use a sheet of alluminum and english wheel it to the shape that you want and then cover it .be nice to be able to remove it on a sunny day!
a pair of vice grips makes a good flanging tool if you aint got one yet ,i make mine useing flat bare welded in the vice grips ,its adjustable that way and works great on the lip around your top and really stiffin it up for the insert!
your gonna have a lote of fun in that rat!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Blue,

Since I'm new, I just found this thread....

Incredible build. I love the out of the box thinking... using fuel injection, the VW front-end, the stacks...

Very sweet.

I watched the videos as well, congrats on getting it installed, and fired up! it sounds great!

Edit: And of course, I didn't see until after I posted the you sold it...

Blue,

Since I'm new, I just found this thread....

Incredible build. I love the out of the box thinking... using fuel injection, the VW front-end, the stacks...

Very sweet.

I watched the videos as well, congrats on getting it installed, and fired up! it sounds great!

Edit: And of course, I didn't see until after I posted the you sold it...

Lol,
Thanks.
I'm one of those that makes due with what he's got, and if I don't have it I'll build it..
I don't have the money to buy it :D

Hey blue ,glade to see that your back !
So whats next on the build list ? Senc the dodge is gone.
Been wondering what you were up to .

Hey blue ,glade to see that your back !
So whats next on the build list ? Senc the dodge is gone.
Been wondering what you were up to .

I've been working on my Road Runner a bit, and on someone elses 75 Corvette, and another guys 68 Mustang, and will be helping out Tusk some more with his when he is ready again..

I would love to pick up something else some day :(

I can pick up this 39 Plymouth for $350, but again, it's got no title :(

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Latest posts

Back