Started the chop today!!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. Here we go again

I got a little more work done. It's shaping up real good.
From this
IMG_1254.jpg

To this
IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

One door top finished

Finished one door top with a piece from a doner door. The other one will have to be pieced with the pieces of my door.
IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

Well, I got a chance to work on the truck a little more yesterday. I pulled the radio out and there was a big ugly hole left so I welded a piece of 18 ga. behind it and filled it with fiberglass. Ive got some good ideas for the dash and I think it will look real good. I'm going to go with some 4" gauges that I got out of a lowrider S10 that I bought for parts (pics later) and fill in the 6" holes where the regular gauges went. I'm going to put 4 2" gauges where the speaker hole was on the dash. I got all the fiberglass on the top and then put the skim coat of bondo over the whole top. It's really starting to take shape now.
IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

looking real good HB. Sanding bondo is so much better than grinding metal. I hate going home with metal dust all over me.

Keep posting pics for us to enjoy.

Eric

I wish I would have seen your nice chop job before I did my Grandson's '38 GMC. I ain't never posting pics of my first chop! Keep up the great work.

Lookin' GOOD!!!

HB,
Man... that is really lookin' good. Congrats... that's gonna make a *nice* rod!

BoB

Did most of the sanding tonight. I've got just a few low spots to fill and fix a place over the drivers door and maybe I'll be able to primer it the first of the week. We're going to try to do the top to match the rest of the truck and leave the paint (or lack of) just the way it is. I was going to try to completely blast all the sheetmetal and paint base coat clear coat, but I think I'll be more satisfied with the original signs on the doors and the original paint. After all I'm a RATBOY. HB
IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

Latest posts

Back