Steering, possible suspension swap, which way to go?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, you got my attention. :D Now, how does it work? Is it some kind of power assist? I assume it's a circle track thing, but how would it work on the street? Ever driven a vehicle with one installed? If so, how did it feel?

I'd like to hear from somebody that's used one to know what to expect before I become a ginny pig.....:confused:

EDIT: After looking again, and looking at the installation PDF, it looks as though that goes to a power rack and pinion unit. Not sure why a power rack and pinion would need any help as they're self contained, but that's what the diagram indicates unless I'm looking at it wrong.

Bam, a lot of guys are using quick steer rack and pinions in their race cars but most are manual racks. Seeing how its made by Sweet Mfg. I don't think you'd have any problems with it working like its suppose to. I'm not sure how well it'd work work a manual steering box, but guessing it would probably work just fine. If its something you're interested in I'd give speedway a call and see what they say about using it in your application.

Bam, it does not go to a power rack it goes to a standard rack and it is not a quickener either.
It's a stand alone power assist that goes inline between the steering wheel shaft and the steering box.
They work well.
The lower the number of the servo the easier it is to turn the wheel. A .235 will be easier to turn than a .275
I don't know how low they go but, they're all over ebay for $75 up

Latest posts

Back