steering set ups

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedude

hi guys ready to set up my steering on my willys.im needing some ideas.i need have outside the frame steering but the stock willys is inside of frame,anyone have any pics of there custom streering they can post?like ujoints mounts ect.thx in advance.clayton:)

i used the original f-1 ford box off of my 52, with a fabbed bracket mounting it where i needed it to be......don't know if that helps, but maybe it will stir up the imagination--also used the original pitman arm.....can't find the pic of it all mounted up...:confused:

Attachments

• rat rod build update 009.JPG
    rat rod build update 009.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 50
  • rat rod build update 011.JPG
    rat rod build update 011.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 64
thx guys.my hole in firewall for steering colum points the colum out on inside of frame.im planning on useing a power steering box from a 77 chevy 4x4.it mounts on outside of frame.so i need to get the steering shaft curved over to out side of frame.make any sense?also the colum want to point almost strait down at a hard angle.i can cut the firwall a little bit to raise the angle but then i will be almost hitting the vacume brake booster.im starting to think about stock jeep box and location and working from there.but would realy like to have power steering.:confused:

waiting to see how you make it work. L

looking at similar issues on mine and haven't figured it out yet.

Any progress? updates?

sorry it took so long to get back with you guys.i forgot my password lol.i ended up not useing the chevy outside steering box.i used a toyota 4x4 power steering box.it has the u-joints already on it and is plenty long enough.i thought about how many little toyotas i see with huge tire on them so i had some freinds with big tires on theres and none of them have ever had a problem so my 16 inch steel bud wheels should be fine as far as too much weight.and the boxes mount easy and there is a ton of them around for very cheap.i paid $20 bucks for mine and paid another $20 bucks for a tilt steering colum out of same truck.was a easy fix

Latest posts

Back