storing a carburetor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
Im thinking of buying a new holley 550 or smaller , if I can get them to order a smaller one ,, havnt decided yet , but if I do I want to save the quad I had rebuilt for another project. especially if there is nothing wrong with it .. My question is ... can I fill it full of carb cleaner till I can pump it threw the jets or how can I make sure if it sets for a year that Mrs ethanol will not be eating it the hole time it setting there ??? I plan on putting it in a garbage bag to keep it wrapped up ...

im kinda worried about that .. my generator is screwed up with the white stuff in the carb now , and I let it run out of gas every time I stop using it ,, I also had see foam in the tank ... still is in fact ..

The main thing is to not leave anything "harsh" that will eat the rubber and gaskets or something that will evaporate and leave a residue to gum things up.

I've run VP four stroke small engine fuel that is ethanol free with a little bit of stable in it and then run it out of fuel in engines that I will let sit for awhile. you can get ethanol free small engine fuel at home depot or lowes.

I've run VP four stroke small engine fuel that is ethanol free with a little bit of stable in it and then run it out of fuel in engines that I will let sit for awhile. you can get ethanol free small engine fuel at home depot or lowes.

And at many marinas & small engine shops (the kind that work on chain saws, blowers, etc.).

Thanks for the imfo guys , I may just wash it out with good gas and stable , then sit it up and hope for the best .. still havnt made my mind up on what size of carb to get ,, it needs to be a small one ,, even thought about a 2 brl. Holley with a adapter plate to put on the 4 brl intake ...[S IDK ??? Ill scratch some more ..they say them 2 brls run well and not a killer on millage ..

Latest posts

Back