street legal jalopy/vintage fenderless oval race car 1940lSH MOPAR tribute to DAD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photoshop

a photoshop of the car a friend did. looks 0K, close to what she should look like.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• a colored Jalopy (2).jpg
    a colored Jalopy (2).jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 41
for me

comparison is better than trying to explain it,

not so much of a update, this way l have friends l can show the car to when l ain't at home.

Attachments

• a colored Jalopy (2).jpg
    a colored Jalopy (2).jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 20
A arms

a arms showed up, pretty good quality for the price, now to get them in this week.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• DSC02586.jpg
    DSC02586.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02587.jpg
    DSC02587.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02588.jpg
    DSC02588.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 18
good stuff

cool things are starting' to happen:D

l talked to the local vintage/jalopy race club and they want the car for a trophy car for the races this season.

it is going to be a tragedy to have those pretty girls ride in the car to give the trophy's out, how will l ever get over the horror of having to be seen in public with them:rolleyes:

the kind of cars they are running:

http://www.nwvintagemodified.com/

Attachments

• 59-Huntley-R-Angle.jpg
    59-Huntley-R-Angle.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DirtTrackHeroes_1000.jpg
    DirtTrackHeroes_1000.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 88Poster-3.jpg
    88Poster-3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 23
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 22DriverSide1.jpg
    22DriverSide1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 23-Peterson-Right1.jpg
    23-Peterson-Right1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 26DriverSide.jpg
    26DriverSide.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 30Driver-Side-Kyten.jpeg
    30Driver-Side-Kyten.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 21
juggling 2 projects.

did some work on the car today, finished the front shocks figured out after putting in the new lower A-arms and fixed the bent axle by putting in a stock one l had left over. only thing couldn't do myself was change the 7/16 stock studs to the race wheel size 5/8 ones, l had to have a machine shop do them.

on to bleeding the brakes and some wiring later this week and HOPE to start the motor and drive up & down the road.

axle

the new axle is in, l still have to add some gear oil then done with the rear-end.

still have a lot of little stuff but getting closer everyday.

cool things are starting' to happen:D

l talked to the local vintage/jalopy race club and they want the car for a trophy car for the races this season.

it is going to be a tragedy to have those pretty girls ride in the car to give the trophy's out, how will l ever get over the horror of having to be seen in public with them:rolleyes:

the kind of cars they are running:

http://www.nwvintagemodified.com/

Now why did ya' have to go and show is this? As if I don't have enough different directions to want to go play. :D

Nice cars... Looks like fun.

Hey skull - thanks for the sample pics. Had no idea what you were up to! Anxious to see the finished product.

Good thing they tempted you with the trophy girls (er, I mean trophy duty, ya...) - I can see you are more motivated now!

John

shock mount pics

shock mount pics.

Attachments

• jalopy ln elma.jpg3.jpg5.jpg3.jpg
    jalopy ln elma.jpg3.jpg5.jpg3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 27
  • jalopy ln elma.jpg3.jpg7.jpg3.jpg
    jalopy ln elma.jpg3.jpg7.jpg3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 26
  • jalopy ln elma.jpg3.jpgo.jpg
    jalopy ln elma.jpg3.jpgo.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 25
  • jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg2.jpg
    jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 23
  • jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 20
  • jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg3.jpgo0.jpg
    jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg3.jpgo0.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 18
  • jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg34.jpg
    jalopy ln elma.jpg8.jpg34.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 22
u joint

l was putting in the driveshaft something did not look right,[S

l use a place called ''THE U-JOINT" in chehalis, washington that does all my work when l have to shorten driveshafts , they have done 5 for me.

l went to there shop awhile ago & l told them the specs and what rear-end l had in the street legal race car and in about 2 hrs l had a driveshaft. we went to put it in car today and the rear u-joint was the wrong one. crap, what to do now:confused:

l called the shop and asked what we can do to get the right pieces in the driveshaft, Mark looked up the work order on the computer and told me they think it was there mistake to bring it in and they would swap it out for free.

took it in and 15 minutes later it's done and back in my hand. brought it home, perfect fit.

it is great to have a business stands behind there work.

l highly recommend them to any one close in there area to use there services:D

26th

Nice to see your project moving along. Do you have a "drive it" date?

we have a spring opener car show April 26th l want to drive it to, she won't be finished but moving under her own power will go a long ways to help my motivation.

kinda the unofficial show season opener the last sunday in april for many years around here.

fix

starting fixing the wiring yesterday, getting closer everyday to firing up the motor & driving her around the yard and up and down the driveway.
the car show next. week so it's crunch time this week to make the show.

will get pics[P

progress is slow

sitll have the headlights/taillight stuff but finished up the starter wiring, put a little starting fluid in and the 3rd turn of the motor, VR000M-VR00M

as soon as l can bleed the brakes l should be able to move under her own power instead of having to push it around the yard.

now l have to find a aftermarket AFC0 plastic reservoir for the master cylinder as the on l have is cracked and leaks fluid.

Attachments

• afco.jpg
    afco.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back