T bucket-metal over fiberglas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon has got similar stuff for $117 gallon. Modern Masters reactive iron paint. They have small bottles for about $15 to see if it works. Heres a few riveted metal pics I've been looking at. The modern car might be tag welded pieces, but the idea's there.

Attachments

• 1036_1.png
    1036_1.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 201345OrecaO3Nissan-ArtCarOriginal3_zpse554e226.jpg
    201345OrecaO3Nissan-ArtCarOriginal3_zpse554e226.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 28
  • ml_image_3462493.jpg
    ml_image_3462493.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 27
if you are still considering fabric.. old military canvas should hold up pretty good.. (i would think)

It would be a cool look.. (once again.. I think.. lol)

Thanks PA and Corpo. A plan is foooormiiiing.......no, now it is slipping away.....ah here is comes again!
What if i cover the body with fabric, canvas or something similar, then paint over it with this reactive iron paint PA just mentioned. I feel that i need more than paint alone to insulate me from the fiberglas. There are still planes covered with fabric so it isn't a completely absurd idea. It should result in a rough and genuinely rusty texture. The interior would be burlap, wood and leather. It already has a steel dash.

Last edited:
Just use the glass body as a buck and start forming the outer panels. Once they ar roughed out then you can remove the glass tub to use a a reverse buck to make the inner support structure. Toss the glass body for a few dollars and meld the now steel halves together! Wala! A steel T bucket for you![cl

Just use the glass body as a buck and start forming the outer panels. Once they ar roughed out then you can remove the glass tub to use a a reverse buck to make the inner support structure. Toss the glass body for a few dollars and meld the now steel halves together! Wala! A steel T bucket for you![cl

Uh-huh, sounds good JFG! 21Willys can drop it off at your place. Will this take long? :D:D Seriously, i can't wrap a box with Cmas wrapping paper, i don't think i can manage compound curves with anything stiffer than Reynolds Wrap. [cl

Sell the glass body, and build a full size body similar to the zz golf cart .

Clean start, easier??

Hans,I actually built this body using rounded roof sections from a station wagon that i already had, drip rails down. I recommend that to anyone who can obtain a roof. I don't know where to find one now. I am enthusiastic about the plans for modifying this glas body now into something i will be satisfied with. I allready tried selling it on CL for $75. :D

Here ya go e-man. Sell the glass body and buy 1" by 1" square tubing and a sheet of 18 or 20 gauge sheet metal. You can bend the curves over your knee, or a welding bottle or the thigh of a varsity cheer leader. My friend Jim in Atlanta saw this one at a club meeting today. Pretty cool.

Less $200 in material in my first body build. Just build your own all steel body.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 57
With an ever growing pile of 30s and 40s sheetmetal, I bet I could piece together a cool roadster body. Especially the 40s stuff, lots of cool compound curves. I saved a 37 Chevy car hood from the crusher because I saw a cool transmission tunnel made from the front sections.

With an ever growing pile of 30s and 40s sheetmetal, I bet I could piece together a cool roadster body. Especially the 40s stuff, lots of cool compound curves. I saved a 37 Chevy car hood from the crusher because I saw a cool transmission tunnel made from the front sections.

If i had access to parts like that i would be putting one together now. How cool would a patchwork bucket body be made from random pieces and mismatched colors?

Latest posts

Back