Thank you on veterans day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
to all the men and women who have served, or are serving our great country in the military, i want to say a very heartfelt thank you! If not for the brave souls who have given their lives for our freedom, we could not enjoy the things we take for granted every day--things as simple as sharing a post here on RRR, to the work/mission i've been involved in for the last 10 years of sharing the gospel, all need to remember the old, yet true saying "Freedom's never free"
I personally have not been in military but had a great grandfather in WW 1 and WW2, and an uncle who was in Korea, dad was stationed in panama canal zone right after the "situation" in the 60's and i have a preacher friend who, thru the AR nat Guard got a tour of Iraq!

Thanks once again to all, and May GOD bless you and keep you safe!!!!

sorry if rambling, but proud of our troops!!

well i would just like to thank you for taking time out of your day to say what you did. i know for myself it means more to have someone stop me and ask to shake my hand and say thank you then anything else. i have had people give me little gifts, or insist on paying for things for me, and i have even been bumped up to first class when i been in uniform and coming from or going back to iraq, but the thing that has always made me feel the best was when you see a person go out of their way to come over and just say thank you. i know even us folks in the military take today for granted because we get the day off, so i got to sleep in late and i was eating a bowl of cereal and checking this place out before i went over to the gym. thats when i read your post and i felt like i needed to say thank you to you for taking the time out of your day to think about us.

to all the men and women who have served, or are serving our great country in the military, i want to say a very heartfelt thank you! If not for the brave souls who have given their lives for our freedom, we could not enjoy the things we take for granted every day--things as simple as sharing a post here on RRR, to the work/mission i've been involved in for the last 10 years of sharing the gospel, all need to remember the old, yet true saying "Freedom's never free"
I personally have not been in military but had a great grandfather in WW 1 and WW2, and an uncle who was in Korea, dad was stationed in panama canal zone right after the "situation" in the 60's and i have a preacher friend who, thru the AR nat Guard got a tour of Iraq!

Thanks once again to all, and May GOD bless you and keep you safe!!!!

sorry if rambling, but proud of our troops!!

Yes thanks to Hot Rod Preacher! Not often enough do we take the time to stop and thank a Vet. I just wanted to say as well - THANK YOU!! - TO ALL OF THOSE BRAVE PERSONS WHO HAVE IN THE PAST, OR ARE CURRENTLY ON ACTIVE DUTY. YOU HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT.

Thunder1

Been in the military for 18 years and have to say nothing makes me feel better then when someone takes their time to say thank you. To this day i still remember when someone paid for a meal that a group of coworkers and I were eating for lunch. He came up said thanks for serving and paid the waitress. Never told us at all, when we tried to pay she said it was already paid for by the guy.

Same sentiment here in Canada today, except we call it "Rememberence Day". Makes me think of my late Dad even more today. He served as a Medical Sergent in WWII. God Bless America, and Canada too.

Feb.21 marks 18 years under my belt.
Still have about 20 more left in me.

My hat's off to all who proceed me, and who all I proceed.

Thank you all who recognize this day, here in the US and Canada.

Well said hotrod preacher. To all of you that serve, have served & continue to serve, you have my heartfelt THANK YOU for your service.

My wifes grandfather was on Omaha beach, he was wounded there and re-entered the war shortly thereafter to loose his arm to a mortar round. I have never had someone open my eyes so much as this man. The story he told of the day they stormed the beach is like no other I have heard. Of those on his boat only 6 of them made it past the beach alive that day. The words "thank you" don't seam to be enough.

Thanks for reminding me. I took the afternoon, got a couple thank you cards, wrote in them and hand delivered to a couple of my aquataintences that are disabled Nam vets. These are really not very pleasant people to be around for long and not many people come by just to say thanks. It was huge to one of them, he choked up.

I got to visit Omaha beach several years ago and Pearl Harbor a few years after that. Throw in Arlington cemetary when I was in the Navy and I don't think you can be at any other place where you can be so proud and yet saddened at the same time. Proud to have served but humbled by the sacrifice of others.

yes sir thank you very much, i greatly appreciate everything the veterans went through and are going through,every one i know that has faught including my dad and uncles i called and thanked them and do so every year or more depending the situation,again THANK YOU for your sacrifices:cool::cool:

Latest posts

Back