The official T bucket truck project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the flat bed tops are a nice change and fit your roadster's style well. Funny thing, I don't like them much on the original truck and wouldn't of thought to use that bed myself. Sure am enjoying following along on your build.

Funny thing is, I used almost everything from the 53 Chevy bed. I used the rear fenders to replace the rotted curved section at the rear of the bucket. If you look close enough , you can see where the fenders are curved for the wheels, but upside down. hahaha. I got a lot of use out of that bed.

Your Bed came out really good.
I like the longer bed..
Are you going to have enough suspension with the shackles at that angle?

>My bed is built into the body also.

Attachments

• cockpit 27' RPU.gif
    cockpit 27' RPU.gif
    49 bytes · Views: 306
  • 100_1551 my 27 rat.jpg
    100_1551 my 27 rat.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_1559 homemade sheetmetal body  my 2729.jpg
    100_1559 homemade sheetmetal body my 2729.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 32
More progress. Got my new headers made today. Went to thelocal muffler shop and spent $26 on 1 3/4" and 3" exhaut pipe. Did the ol split on the 3" and used some old header flanges from a another set of headers.
Got the steering just about figured out. I'm making progress.
IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Thanks guys. It has been a blast building this project. It looks like I have a long way tog go. But, actually I am closer to the end than the start. Got the wheels loaded up in my truck for some tires today.

Well, I found me some wheels for my project. I found some spoke wheels on Craigslist about 3 hours away. They had been in storage for several years and still had the original hot rod early 70's tires on them. The rear tires I believe are American Wire Wheels, and the fronts are Star Wire Wheels. The wheels are just rusty on the surface and are solid as ROCK. tHE REARS ARE 12" wide , and the fronts are 5" wide. I plan on blasting them and painting them very soon,. I got the four wheels for $100 .
0325011355.jpg

Good score on the older spokes.
Your build has come a long way. Good job using parts !!!
> How long did your wheelbase end up?

>
That's what I found for mine. Old crager spokes w/ tires for $100.
ground down the white walls and painted the wheels.
I think I will extend my bed by 7-10"
and move the rear axle back about 3-6".

Attachments

• My 2729  with WWW and old crager spokes.jpg
    My 2729 with WWW and old crager spokes.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 63
Good score on the older spokes.
Your build has come a long way. Good job using parts !!!
> How long did your wheelbase end up?

>
That's what I found for mine. Old crager spokes w/ tires for $100.
ground down the white walls and painted the wheels.
I think I will extend my bed by 7-10"
and move the rear axle back about 3-6".

The wheel base came out to be right at 130" . The only problem I see with the new wheels is finding some wide tires to go on the rears. They are 12" wide.

Some updates . I got my wheels blasted and powder coated red. The wheels turnedout awesome. I'm diggi the look of the wider tires on the rear too. I will
shave them once I get other stuff done.

0329011648a.jpg

0329011649.jpg

0329011656.jpg

0329011649a.jpg

What did you get for the rear? 265-60? N-50? Can't see the pic.I'd liket to see those wheels !!!
Take the next shot outside..

Latest posts

Back